Wish list for 2002 Awareness

Send suggestions to the UBPN or find answers to your questions about the boards.
Kathleen

Wish list for 2002 Awareness

Post by Kathleen »

hope this year we will have more information for the Adult/obpi population... maybe even a brochure for us to give to those medical professionals who assume that we have this so long... we are use to it... and information on the need for on going therapy for those of us who have sustained this injury so long ago.... they don't seem to understand that we still need treatment...... and the serious effects of long term compensation....
lots of stuff to include...
just a hint...hint...hint...
Francine I took your advice and posted this to the suggestion box... as you know I have a wish list don't want to take up too much space...
I know others have their wish list too...
Wow it feels like Christmas...
Kath
francine

Re: Wish list for 2002 Awareness

Post by francine »

Kathleen- this is a good suggestion.

Can you take a look at the current adult brochure and write up what should be changed about this to make it more specific for adult with opbi? (just in summary - even just topics)

Thanks!

-francine
Mindy

Post by Mindy »

I would like a brochure made up that I can give to local EMTs and First Responders(this includes deputy sheriffs and volunteers) that can tell them warning signs/indicators that they are working on someone with a traumatic brachial plexus injury. I live in a rural area and I have talked with some of these people and they would like to know the proper way to handle this injury so they do not make it worse. Our EMTs can call in life flights directly to an accident scene if they feel someone needs a trauma center but they need a protocol to follow. My state has only four trauma centers for four and a half million people. If I would have gotten to a trauma center my story would be completely different today. I live in Minnesota and with the ATVs, motorcycles, dirtbikes, jet skies, snowmobiles, water and snow sports, and the list could go on of outdoor recreational vehicles we use and the number of potential TBPI becomes very evident.
This year I would like to go to the First Responder and EMT meetings/classes and give them a brochure that will help them understand how important it is that they understand these injuries.
cathy@ubpn.org

Post by cathy@ubpn.org »

These are great ideas. The more you share your ideas, the greater the opportunity we'll have to explore them and hopefully implement them. Soon, I imagine, people will be back on the Awareness Board, as this year's effort is already underway, and things will start happening before we know it! Thanks again, Cathy