New Start new beginning , coping with pain and limitations

Welcome Newbies! Introduce yourselves!
Master DIVER TOM

New Start new beginning , coping with pain and limitations

Post by Master DIVER TOM » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:31 pm

I am going to try here, best grammar???
Because I was born into pain with birth erbs,
My arm changes colors , because of blood flow issues. In cold weather and driving a semi in winter in Chicago. My arm cramps up and pain nerves increases pain to delay.
I could never take a strong Med than over the counter. So after driving a semi for over 12 hours to help with pain was resting my arm by taking the weight of my arm. Reposing a arm on a chair , choice or a hot tube count. Swimming pool and flouting help to.
For blood flow issues and pain the best thing to do is a Deep , message for pain.
Life in pain Sucks, reposition and a deep message helps,
Just thinking to try to help with our pain,
Tom

jimhildeb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 1995 Ski Accident. Dominant arm, shoulder, neck and hand sometimes other side after several years. Brachial release, spinal implant, recurring therapy. Severe pain and weakness. Limited use of arm due to poor conductivity and blood flow.

Re: New Start new beginning , coping with pain and limitations

Post by jimhildeb » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:32 am

I agree, I have found massage to help quite a bit however, many states do not pay for massage and you have to pay out-of-pocket. Have you tried ultrasound? I have found that to help with spasms quite a bit. I too suffer from excruciating pain and the best relief is to immobilize my neck and arm laying on my affected arm for some reason. Unfortunately, this is not something you can do for very long.

I have partial use of my arm and did notice that in my chest that the blood vessels are tiny compared to the side that is not affected. It seems very strange because I do have movement in that arm however, although no one has been able to explain it there must be a relationship to the nerve damage which affects the blood flow. No doctors have been able to explain that either. Part of your problem sounds familiar to mine that my arm hand and neck tend to fatigue during the day as I use it. Any motions at all reduce the time that I am able to use it until it is just too painful or it goes limp. Frequently my hand will turn purple and blue if it's really inflamed. Perhaps, some physical therapy would be helpful. I know it has been very helpful to me because if I don't do it every few months I would definitely lose the use of my arm and likely my hand completely. Ultimately, it does help with the pain to but it is very difficult to work and do much physical therapy since my arm and hand would fatigue to quickly. It's an extremely frustrating balancing act however, overall after 27 years I have found that the physical therapy is absolutely essential. Also I just turned 60 and am finding that I need the physical therapy more often and for longer to return to a similar starting point.