CAMP

Discuss Camp UBPN
kenya1

CAMP

Post by kenya1 »

i WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAD ANY INFORMATION ON AMP. i WOULD LIKE TO GO THIS YEAR.
kenya1

Re: CAMP

Post by kenya1 »

I am sorry that would be camp
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

UBPN sponsors a camp every two years. So the next camp will be in 2007. We are now exploring potential sites and will have information available about this next camp on both this website and in Outreach.

Nancy Birk
UBPN President
JamieMarie'smommie

Post by JamieMarie'smommie »

Nancy I think you should hold camp here in New Hampshire. There are numerous places that the camp could be held at.

Amanda (mom to Jamie 10 month old ROBPI)
momofnickelman

Post by momofnickelman »

Disney World has my vote. That would be so cool!
BIGJAVSMA

Post by BIGJAVSMA »

i would like to cast a vote for disney too. lol
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

I am thinking out in the middle of no where would be nice. That way there is the most time to meet people and get to know them. The big city thing was very nice but very busy. Although Disney would be fun, I would not cast my vote there.
Amy 18 ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

however, Disney does cater to children with special needs, and will close the park early and open early on special occasions during their off peak season. You can check out the dates, they do offer great hospitality packages!
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

Not to stop the discussion because it is good, but we are currently looking at a camp on the west coast. We try to move camp around and we announced at the last camp that we would be taking it to the West Coast. We have now done 2 on the East coast in succession (New York and Washington, D.C.)

We will certainly consider Florida in the future however and your ideas are helpful.

There are actually very few camps which meet our needs. They are either too rustic (and have shared bathrooms and rack room style sleeping) or too expensive. We have found lots of camps that aren't big enough to handle our size group too. There are many things to consider.

Nancy Birk
UBPN President
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

ANYWHERE in the sun would do me!! ;0)

Lizzy f