Camp UBPN 2007

Discuss Camp UBPN
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Re: Camp UBPN 2007

Post by hope16_05 »

Lizz, Kendal mintcake sounds great! I have never had that before but it sounds amazing!

Marieke, maple cookies sound pretty good too!

On another note, I think I almost have my mom convinced to come to camp. She said she wants to take a vacation this summer, I told her we should wait for camp and head out early so we could see the sites, then I would fly back for school.
I hope she decides to take that deal! Either way, I will be there!!! Cant wait to see every one!
Hugs,
Amy 19 ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

Amy,

I am so glad you mom wants to come to Camp. It will wonderful for her and she will learn so much.

Can't wait to meet her.

Hugs, Karen
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

Haven't been around much lately so I hope I haven't missed anything re the Camp...please forgive if the answer to my question is posted somewhere else, but have any of the details been ironed out yet? I'm particularly thinking about the price etc also confirmation of the dates so I can book my flights. I'm determined to get it booked before Carolyn this time!! ;0)

Lizzy F
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

Hi Liz,

No you haven't missed anything else about camp.

The dates are Fri Aug. 31st - Mon Sept 3rd.

We don't have a firm cost yet, still working on it. It shouldn't be more then last camp, we are actually hoping for it to cost less.

I am so glad you are planning on coming to camp. It will be great to see you again.

Hugs,

Karen
UBPN Camp Coordinator
karen@ubpn.org
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

HI Liz,
I don't know if you can beat Scott & I...'cause he has his wallet out all ready to go. :) We cannot wait to hug yous guys!

HUGS all around,
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
kissygoose

Post by kissygoose »

Since I never really looked into camps before can someone tell me how much the last one cost so I have a balpark figure what it would cost me to come?
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

Hi Kissygoose,

Camp in 2005 cost $357.50 for 2 people for 3 night stay.
each person after that up to 2 additional was $82.75
Single person was $289.75

I hope this helps. I am so glad you are thinking of comiing to camp this year, it is a great experience.

Hugs,

Karen
UBPN 2007 Coordintor
karen@gmail.com
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

Hi Karen...still no news of prices/booking info etc etc yet??

I'm getting panicky now..UBPN camp is so close datewise to our meeting/gathering in Squires N. Yorkshire in the UK that I'm not sure we can afford both now....!

Liz
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

Hi Liz,

We are working on the Outreach now and as soon as I we get the final cost for camp I will let you all know.

Hope all is going well there.

Hugs, Karen
rachelcasa

Post by rachelcasa »

I am so excited to see everyone again. Camp in Maryland was such a great experience for me. I met the most wonderful people and can't wait to add a few new friends to my list to see.
Thank you to all for all of your hard work on camp.
*HUGS*
Rachel C.