Camp a possibility?!?!?!

Discuss Camp UBPN
Kristie

Camp a possibility?!?!?!

Post by Kristie »

I got my Outreach today... and as I was looking it over I started to get bummed about not going to camp again this year especially since it is in my home state (I moved away about 6 yrs ago). And it is actually close to where I grew up. And my son actually commented that he would like to meet some kids with arms like he has. *Sigh*

Then I looked at the dates and I something clicked. It is a remote (which is better than not at all) possibility!!! My in-laws just told us Sunday that they want to fly us out this summer (they live in souther OR). It has to be in August. I might be able to make it work out. There are a few other things that must fall into place but it would be so cool to do this with my boy.

We got to go to the first camp in CO in 2001. Ian was just 7 months old at the time. Now he is almost 6 1/2 years old!

I am so excited at the possibleness of the possibility!
Kristie

Re: Camp a possibility?!?!?!

Post by Kristie »

It looks more likely each day! We will be in the area at the time of camp (my mom lives about an hour or so I think)! We are now just trying to work out the cost of camp! Ian is looking forward to it! We got to meet mommieinneed and her daughter last weekend and it was so nice. Ian was very intrested in arm things! Such a different side of him came out that day!
Blessings,
Kristie
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

Kristie,

It would be so wonderful if things could work out for the both of you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. This is our first camp (my daughter is sooooooo excited, and my son is excited to just be travelling and doing fun things).

Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 4 years old
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Kristie,
I am puling for you and Ian to come to Camp so I can Hug you both!! :)
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

I'm going to Camp!
Marieke (31, LOBPI)
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

Marieke,

I'm glad you will be coming to camp. I'm looking forward to meeting you face to face.

Joanie