Who is coming to camp?

Discuss Camp UBPN
Kristie

Who is coming to camp?

Post by Kristie »

I was curious about who we will be meeting at camp?
Is anyone else willing to fess up about who is going to be there?

I am coming with my six and a half year old son Ian!
We are from Urbana,IL but Ian was actually born in WA.
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Re: Who is coming to camp?

Post by Tanya in NY »

We're coming! I'm bring my daughter Amber (4 1/2 years, ROBPI), and my son Casey (12 years, dystocia with no injury). Hubby is staying at home for work purposes (wish us luck for travelling by plane with just me to keep the kids busy with a layover! We're traveling from Central NY (flying out of Syracuse). This is our first year attending.

Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 4 1/2 years old
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

I am going to be there and bringing my mom, Lori, with me! I cant wait to meet every one new and see every one I met at last camp!
See you all very soon!
Hugs,
Amy 20 years old ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
katep

Post by katep »

We will all be there (me, Tom, Joshua and Noah!!). I am originally from WA so we are coming up a few days early to visit family. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in person (FINALLY!)

Kate
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

I'm coming alone. My husband is staying home with our elderly dog.

Joanie
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

I'm coming alone too. I am from Canada!
Marieke (31, LOBPI)
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
shannonmariegreen

Post by shannonmariegreen »

I will be there with by eight year old daughter(robpi) and my husband. I currently live in Monroe WA but I will be staying at the camp I have stayed there before and it is just beautiful! This is our first time at camp. My daughter was born in CA.

Shannon, Chris and Alora
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Post by richinma2005 »

Kailyn (10 yo ROBPI) and I will be travelling from Boston to attend. My other two daughters (Julia 8, and Sarah 5)will be starting school on the 30th, but Kailyn gets to miss those first two half days for camp! My wife is staying to bring them to school.... Looking forward to another great camp experience (this will be our 3rd time)

-richinma

Message was edited by: richinma2005
mommieinneed

Post by mommieinneed »

Im coming with my five year old Maggie, but you already know that,LOL. I cant wait, this will be our first camp. I am so glad I found this site, still cant believe I waited five years to find info for OBPI.
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

I'll be there with my husband. It's going to be our third camp...
I'm hoping the weather is good.

Kath robpi/adult
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi