Who is coming to camp?

Discuss Camp UBPN
AngieD

Re: Who is coming to camp?

Post by AngieD »

I am coming with my two daughters Elyse 13 and Kayla 11(ROBPI).

Angie
Joshua

Post by Joshua »

Hi!

I am coming to camp with my wife, Antoinette and daughters, Kayla (15), and Tenaya (12-ROBPI).

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Josh
ipeverywhere

Post by ipeverywhere »

I'm going to be there and I'm bringing my parents to look over me.
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Ryan
We are expecting you to take care of your parents.
After all you brought them to camp and now your Mom's running it...
Hmmm still raising your hand to volunteer your parents... LOL...

See you soon
Love
Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
Judy-T
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Right arm OBPI One surgery at age 40 Ulnar nerve retransposition

Post by Judy-T »

I will be going to camp by myself. My daughter is in school and my husband will be cooking a lot of seafood for her. I am allergic to shellfish so everytime I leave they indulge.Oh, I will be traveling from Florida and plan to bring some nice sunny weather with me....Judy
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

I will be there with manyHUGGS for each of you... 5 more days & I can't hardly wait! I am 69 and LOBPI. I am also bringing my angel son Scott who can't wait to meet you all 'cause I tell him soo much about you!!!

:) :) :)
Carolyn J

PS...Our trip to California was Great!!! but Camp wil be more fun to see you all. oh yea, this is my 2nd Camp.
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

I'll be there along with my husband Tim and my son, Josh and daughter in law Heather (Josh and Heather are coordinating the arts and crafts at camp) and grandsons Scott and Phillip. AND Heather's sister, Kaylinne and her husband Dan are coming to oversee the child care.

As you can see, UBPN is very much a part of the Birk family! Volunteerism must be in our blood.

I can't wait to see old friends and make new ones. No matter how often I have met others with this injury, I still continue to learn from others.

We are going to have fun too!

Nancy Birk
UBPN President
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Nancy
Of course you will have fun! WA is the home of Starbuck's Coffee, what more do we need?

We just love to volunteer and volunteer our husbands.
Now life does not get much better than that.

Kath & Ralph Mallozzi
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi