Too late for camp?

Discuss Camp UBPN
Syd's mom

Too late for camp?

Post by Syd's mom »

I just left a message on the 866#, but I thought I would post also in case you check these more often. I know it's very late notice, but I was wondering if there is anyway that we can still make it to camp. I never thought in a million years that we would be able to go because it's really expensive to fly from Cincinnati to Seattle, but friends of ours just offered us some Buddy passes for Delta and we can go!!!! I'm so excited, but I'm not sure if there are anymore rooms or if it's too late. Can you let me know ASAP? If so, I also need all the info on cost, etc (I can't find my Outreach). THANKS!!

Deanna
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Re: Too late for camp?

Post by marieke »

Not sure about spots left, but for the cost and such look at this:
ubpn.org
scroll down and you'll see the camp info download...

Hope you can make it!
marieke (31, LOBPI)
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

Deanna,

I am so glad you are able to come to camp. It was good talking with you.

See you next week,

Hugs, Karen
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Deanna
I am so glad you will be able to come.

It's so nice to have such great friends they truly are a blessing.

Can't wait to meet you.

Kath robpi/adult
Ubpn BOD Member
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi