Next camp?

Discuss Camp UBPN
Gina Mc

Next camp?

Post by Gina Mc »

Is there a place and date for tne next camp? Thank you for your help!! Gina Mc
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Re: Next camp?

Post by marieke »

Florida in 2009, exact date and place to be determined.. usually Labour Day weekend, but since that is hurricane season there, most likely not that weekend.

They are every 2 years.

Hope you can come, I had a blast this year!
Marieke (31, LOBPI)
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

Hi all,

The board is just coming off of this years camp. So please give us a bit of time to relax, although, we have begun looking for a place somewhere in FL for 09 and Marieke you are right we are not looking at labor day week-end,

As soon as we find a place we will let everyone know.

Glad you had a great time at camp, it was wonderful meeting you, seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Hugs,

Karen
UBPN 2009 Camp Coordinator
katep

Post by katep »

I vote for the end of April/Beginning of May (since that would time well with a second honeymoon in Florida :) :) )

But I suppose y'all will probably want to wait until school is out...

Kate
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

Waiting until school is out would be important, as I'd suspect many people would be limited in attending (including us). Keep in mind, different areas let out of school at different times. We don't let out of school until mid to late June are when finals are completed, so it's not a big deal for Amber since it is kindergarten, but the rest of my family wouldn't be able to attend (my son Casey because he'll have 9th grade finals by that time).

Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, almost 5 years old
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
JamieMarie'smommie

Post by JamieMarie'smommie »

If you guys have it close to Daytona FL you'll have to make sure that the dates dont interfear with any of the NASCAR races or Daytona bike week. You can Never find a hotel during those times. I'm hoping that Jamie and myself and my mom can make it to camp in 2009. The past two years have been during race weekend up here in New Hampshire so we haven't been able to go due to both my mom and I working at the track.

Amanda (mom to Jamie Marie 2.5yrs old ROBPI)