Food at camp?

Discuss Camp UBPN
bfaithda
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My name is Bridget, my son Brayden has a LOBPI. He was born 5-14-07 and weighted 11lbs 3ozs and was 22inches long and got stuck on my pelvis coming out. All 5 nerves were involved 2 ruptured and 3 avulsed, and also had Horner's Syndrome. He had primary surgery in St. Louis with Dr. Parks when he was 3 months old. He used synthetic materials to fuse the nerves together, because the nerves in his calves were not long enough. Brayden currently does aqua therapy, PT, OT and speech therapy. He has little movement in his arm and hand, but that does not stop him from having fun and being a normal boy!!!

Food at camp?

Post by bfaithda »

I was wondering if meal times at camp will be like a buffet type setting with tons of choices or more of a school luch type thing were they only serve 1 choice? My son is a very picky, picky, picky eater, and I was wondering in case I need to pack some food for him to eat.
mamaofsix
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Second son, Cameron, left obstetric brachial plexus injury in 2005.
Primary never graft surgery at 3 months old at St. Louis Children's Hospital
and several rounds of Botox injections.

Re: Food at camp?

Post by mamaofsix »

Hi Bridget,

There is a variety of food choices during the meal times. The kids have a "Kids Bar" that has items that kids mainly enjoy. There is also hot & cold cereal available for breakfast as well as fruit and different pastries. With the variety, I think there is something for even the pickiest eater (which may be Brayden!).

I look forward to seeing you this weekend!

Thanks,
Anise Braggs
Camp UBPN 2010 Coordinator
bfaithda
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My name is Bridget, my son Brayden has a LOBPI. He was born 5-14-07 and weighted 11lbs 3ozs and was 22inches long and got stuck on my pelvis coming out. All 5 nerves were involved 2 ruptured and 3 avulsed, and also had Horner's Syndrome. He had primary surgery in St. Louis with Dr. Parks when he was 3 months old. He used synthetic materials to fuse the nerves together, because the nerves in his calves were not long enough. Brayden currently does aqua therapy, PT, OT and speech therapy. He has little movement in his arm and hand, but that does not stop him from having fun and being a normal boy!!!

Re: Food at camp?

Post by bfaithda »

Thanks Anise! That is such relief! I thinking I was going to have to pack all kinds of food for him! I am loking forward to seeing everyone! I am going to email you my activities we want to do tonight!! See you Saturday!!