Who's going to camp this year?

Discuss Camp UBPN
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Who's going to camp this year?

Post by F-Litz »

Maia really wants to go but wants to know that there are other kids her age going - she is 13.

Please post if you are going.

Thanks,
francine
franlitz@gmail.com
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Re: Who's going to camp this year?

Post by cbe411 »

I WISH we were going!! I missed the last camp too!! We are expecting baby #2 July 18th! So... no traveling for me :( Would have been NICE to see everyone!!!

Hope you guys are well Francine :)

Courtney
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

I am bringing my children to camp...they will be ages 9 and 10 (9 yo girl, 10 yo boy) and 15 month old boy...Hubby is coming too, I am pretty excited for so many friends to meet my family.
Amy (24...soon 25) ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

GREAT news, AMY!!! They'll all have a ball! I cannot wait to HUGG you all. :D 8-)
Gramma Carolyn J
LOBPI/73+
determined
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Female born in Fall 2010 with injury to right arm, shoulder.

Post by determined »

We're going to camp, too. 18 m o grandaughter, 13 y o grandson, their mother, and me, grandma. We're really looking forward to meeting everyone and sharing and getting ideas!
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Great, Gramma "Determined"! Camp is Life-changing for all of us in this UBPN Family we never chose to join with these circumstances. I look forward to meeting you.
Carolyn J
LOBPI/73+++
marymom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Teen aged home birthed son with OBPI

Post by marymom »

Max is going!!!I hope youre still planning to come, I would love to see you and Id love to have Max meet maia- He's a bit shy but will DEF appreciate olders- he was 13 in january.