The TASC Network Adult OBPI Workshop

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
Karen Pape

The TASC Network Adult OBPI Workshop

Post by Karen Pape »

We would like your input! The TASC Network is holding a Model for Recovery Workshop for ages 16 years through adult life in Toronto, September 24-25, 2005. A course description may be found at www.tascnetwork.net
We planned this workshop in response to both physicians and adults who wanted a "one-stop" overview of currently available treatments and technologies that may be helpful to the adult with an obstetrical brachial plexus injury. So many of you were told in the past that there was nothing more to be done. Well, times have changed and there is a lot that can still be done.
The aim of this workshop is to provide up-to -date information on ALL the available treatments so that you and your health care team can make some informed choices that work for you. Please read over the course description on our website and let us know which topics are of most interest to you, the consumer. We would like to hear of any new topics that are important ot you. Please share your ideas here.
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: The TASC Network Adult OBPI Workshop

Post by Carolyn J »

Karen, the Recovery Workshop is a wonderful idea since this is a LIFETIME CARE injury. I will review your TASC website soon and put my 2 cents input in the mix.
We adults that have had no intervention or information until recently are very grateful!
Carolyn J
LOBPI,age 66
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI