Planning next Atlanta area gathering

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
ccorkra

Planning next Atlanta area gathering

Post by ccorkra »

Hi to all of you that are in or near the Atlanta, GA area. We had a great get together at the Smart's house in July. We started talking about dates for the next gathering and some dates came up in October. I just wanted to post this message so that you all can start looking at your calendars and see how your October schedules are shaping up. We had four families attend this past gathering and we hope that more can make it to the next one. Enjoy the last few days of Summer! Carol, mom to Lucy, 2, LOBPI
melnruss

Re: Planning next Atlanta area gathering

Post by melnruss »

Hi Carol,

I emailed Jill earlier and told her that the 2nd weekend in Oct was fine for us. Let me know what I can do to help with the arrangements.

Thanks,
Melinda
ccorkra

Post by ccorkra »

Hi everyone,

There is an update for the next Atlanta area BPI family gathering. Unfortunately we will not be able to meet during October but we are looking at two dates in November - the 3rd or the 10th. Please reply to this post or to Jill when she sends out an email as to whether those days might work for you. Hope you all can make it! Carol, mom to Lucy, 2yr LOBPI
melnruss

Post by melnruss »

Hey Carol. This is Melinda. The 10th works well for us. My niece's birthday party is on the 3rd, but if it works out best to have the gathering on the 3rd, we'll make arrangements. We look forward to seeing all of you again.

Melinda
melinda

Post by melinda »

Hi I live in the Atlanta area as well! I haven't been on this board in years. Where and when are you gathering? I have a 13yo LOBPI daughter I know it will be like pulling teeth to get her to come but I think it will be good for her. She is just now starting to get a little teasing from kids at school. She has never met anyone else that has her injury.

OH...my name is Melinda too!
LeResaJ

Post by LeResaJ »

Hello all! My name is LeResa, and I live in Austell (right next to Six Flags). I have a son, Evan, who turned 1 month old this past Wednesday. He has a ROBPI. It has been a challenging month to say the least. I am so happy to have found this website and message board. I have spent countless hours researching this injury, and I am amazed at the lack of awareness.

Evan has already seen a neurologist, and he has completed 3 sessions of physical therapy. My husband and I, as well as our therapist are excited about his progress thus far. He is gaining strength in his shoulders and has a shoulder shrug. This week he has started using his pectoral muscle to move the shoulder forward. There is still no movement in his bicep, but the PT thinks that could be happening at anytime. He is not moving his fingers, but the PT thinks he has developed a very light grip.

We are going to the Brachial Plexus Clinic at Children's Healthcare Scottish Rite on Tuesday. This is the appt we've been waiting for, so we can finally learn the true damage and discuss the appropriate treatment.

We would love to be a part of the get together in the Atlanta area. It would be nice to meet other families that are living with this injury. Please let us know the details, so we can plan to attend. My email is leresaj@bellsouth.net.

I would also love to hear from anyone that has been to the clinic in Atlanta. How were the doctors and therapists? Did you still feel the need to get a second opinion?

I look forward to any and all of your responses.

LeResa
Mom to Evan, ROBPI
melinda

Post by melinda »

Has a date been set for the next Atlanta gathering? I don't want to miss it.

Melinda
Cdunn

Post by Cdunn »

Is it the 3rd? If so any details?