Anyone in North Texas?

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
Drake's Mom

Anyone in North Texas?

Post by Drake's Mom »

My son has heard ALL through this ordeal of how he is "one in a million" and "such a rare case" i would love for him to be able to meet someone who has an arm like him. He meet a few people who had the west nile virus (that is how he got the BPI) but it IS extremely rare for the west nile virus to get in the nervous system like it did with Drake. So he didn't relate to theese people.

I was going to the mayo when they had the camp and couldn't afford to make two trips that close together so we missed it! So i was wondering how many are from this area? I see so many from up north but not too many from down here! I tried to contact the lady in charge of support groups in this area but have never gotten a reponse. Anyone interested in meeting? We are in the fort worth area.

Teresa
bugaloo28

Re: Anyone in North Texas?

Post by bugaloo28 »

I am in the Denton area. How old is your son? My son is 16.
Drake's Mom

Post by Drake's Mom »

i'm sorry i am just now answering! I haven't been on here for so long! My son is now 7. This happened to him when he was 5. I really would love to get enough people together with kids of all ages to meet each other. Drake would love to see kids who have to deal with this issue just like he does. I am about an hour and a half from Denton but i'm sure if we ever got enough people together we could find a central location. Email me if you want to because i don't visit this site as much as i use to
Teresa
Its1105
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: RTBPI - injured during a right cervical rib resection on 12/3/2008 for thoracic outlet syndrome. The doctor completely transected the lateral cord at C5-C6 Erb's pointe and the suprascapular nerve. Had a nerve repair done on 12/12/2008 to reattach the nerves. Did two years of OT. I have some issues with overuse issues with my left shoulder and also have come to find that my joints are hypermobile so I have instability in the joints which causes a lot of problems such as pressure and pain.

Post by Its1105 »

Hi!

I live in Coppell (near Irving/Valley Ranch) ... but I am 21 and in college in Indiana.. so I am only home during Christmas and Summer time. I would personally love to meet others of any age with BPI. I am still in the learning about all of this stage though as my nerves were cut during a surgery on Dec 3, 2008... so it is all new to me.
--
Marie
RTBPI December 2008
C5-C6
Cowboy Cody

Post by Cowboy Cody »

I'm 23 and live in Central Texas, but I'm in Red Oak a lot (about 20 miles south of Dallas). Give me a call sometime. 972-989-0829
Paula

Post by Paula »

Hey Teresa anytime you want to meet up (i have a 7yr old son who thinks he is the only one with an injured arm as well) just let me know. we can go to your area or to a central location. We are all over the metro every weekend just exploring away! Also summer is coming up so we can go to the Dallas Zoo.