INFORMAL meet & greet at SOuthcenter Starbucks on I-5 Washington State

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

INFORMAL meet & greet at SOuthcenter Starbucks on I-5 Washington State

Post by Carolyn J »

WELCOME, Shannon to the UBPN Family.

All of us in the Seattle area need to meet at a Starbucks(they are easy to Spot!) on I-5 soon before life gets really busy in the summer. I suggest Southcenter.

Any takers?? ...keeping it informal...;) I will also post this on the BPI Events Forum.

HUGS,
Carolyn J

Message was edited by: Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
sdean

Re: INFORMAL meet & greet at SOuthcenter Starbucks on I-5 Washington State

Post by sdean »

Hi Carolyn,
I'm from Blaine Wa and I would like to meet some other moms.

:)Susan
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

Post by Carolyn J »

Hello Susan!

Even if it's just the 2 of us, we'll meet and talk at Starbuck's in SouthCenter, OK? How about a Monday soon. It would certainly make my Monday!

Susan, I am retired with no children (son is an adult now) so please name a Monday here and let's see if others will join us. I look forward to meeting you. :)

HUGS,
Carolyn J

Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

Hi all,

Julia I am on now.

Yes, I would love to meet everyone and hear what they would like to see at camp for next year.

As I said on the General Board depending on day and time, usually I can make it work.

Have a great week-end everyone.

Hugs, Karen
Carolyn J

Post by Carolyn J »

Yipeeee!!

How is Monday, April 28th At 10:30AM, Southcenter Starbuck's (inside the Mall).

I'll post on the General Board too. Susan, I hope you see this!

HUGS, ;)
Carolyn J

ps..Julia, all I am able to do now is Coffee & talk at Starbuck's...

Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Carolyn J

Post by Carolyn J »

OKAY, Washington State Folks, this IS your reminder that some of us are meeting at SouthCenter Mall(inside)Starbucks on Monday, April 28th at 10:30 AM.

I certainly hope to Hug and share with new families to UBPN! Julia and Karen and Peggie I do hope to see you too! John and Marlene are you traveling somewhere?? I hope to se you too!!

Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Carolyn J

Post by Carolyn J »

Very sorry, gentleman from somewhere in Oregon, who showed up at Starbuck's after Julia and Karen had to cancel. I was on my way up I-5 "just in case"..when I too got an emergency call on my Cell phone & had to come back home...No, it wasn't regarding Maggie,thank God.

Maybe another time.

HUGS,
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
willird

Post by willird »

Carolyn
Like ships in the night, this time [:^)=8
hunhhh?
'Sokay, my fault for not callin' you before I headed up there, but it never crossed my mind that (maybe) I'd be the only one to come. I was looking forward to seeing you all, and will hold that thought for another time. This being only my second post, you've prob'ly not had ocaission to check my profile. Skimpy, IMHO, but it is there.

HUGS back atcha!!
rd-Bob-willi-willird