INFORMAL meet & greet at SOuthcenter Starbucks on I-5 Washington State

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: INFORMAL meet & greet at SOuthcenter Starbucks on I-5 Washington State

Post by Carolyn J »

Julia,
I hope you are feeling better. What a bummer, huh!!

HUGS,
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Brenda

Post by Brenda »

Will you be meeting at SouthCenter Starbucks again any time soon?

~Brenda Scamehorn - I have been around on and off since 2002, mom to Tara Grace age 6, with a LOBPI. Burlington WA
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

Post by Carolyn J »

OKAY, WA FOLKS & Oregon too if you want to come up our way, Brenda is caling for another try at Gathering. HOW ABOUT IT?? Julia, John& Marlene, Peggy,Karen Mc (if you're not in Alaska)...Anyone want to pick a date & Time?? Brenda?? if no one else I'll come up to meet you, Brenda.

Willard
from Dallesport WA are you there? I promise not to lleave ya all alone next time!..LOL

EVERYONE want to meet please confirm HERE the day before, OK!!

HUGS all around,
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Carolyn J

Post by Carolyn J »

OhhhhKay!
Let's try Monday,July 14th at 11:00AM Starbuck's SouthCenter

Everyone please check in here by Sunday evening,ok.?
Anyone needing my Cell # just case , can email me.
Willard, from Dallesport, are you there? :)

Hugs,
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
willird

Post by willird »

Hi Carolyn,

Yeah, I'm still lurking out here, reading posts, feeling as if I've really not much information to share, so not posting. But I'm still thinking it'd be good to meet some of the local folks. I'll do my best to be there, but please, which of the half-dozen or so Starbucks shops in the SouthCenter Maul are you thinking of?

Thanks for thinking of me,

willird
Carolyn J

Post by Carolyn J »

Hi Willard,

I'm glad you're still around the Boards.

The Starbucks just inside the West Entrance [Entrance faces the freeway. Starbucks is just inside the doors on the left.
I Hope to see you there, and I will stay there until 1:00PM no matter if I am there all by myself!! I will be wearing a light blue CAMP 2007 tee shirt with UBPN's Logo on it,Ok? :) [I don't like name tags!!]

Hugs,
Carolyn J
LOBPI
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Carolyn J

Post by Carolyn J »

Is anybody other than "Willird" coming to SouthCenter on MOnday?...just wondering..;)

West Entrance, inside on the left 11am-1pm I'll be there.

Hugs,
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI