Ohio / Indiana / Kentucky BPI Picnic

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
Jane

Ohio / Indiana / Kentucky BPI Picnic

Post by Jane »

All who came to the BPI picnic on May 18th, enjoyed the friendship and sharing of ideas and therapy tips.

We have decided to make this a twice a year event. We plan to picnic at Sharon Woods near Cincinnati on the Sunday after Mother's Day and the Sunday after Labor Day every year. The time will be from 1 - 4 PM.

Follow the google map for directions:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... state1=dir

Everyone is welcome. Please reply if you plan to come or if you have questions.

I hope to see some of you at our next picnic on Sept. 7, 2008.

Thanks.

Jane
admin
Site Admin

Re: Ohio / Indiana / Kentucky BPI Picnic

Post by admin »

I will love to bring my daughter and attend! This would be our first picnic. Please send me details as what to bring.
Jane

Post by Jane »

We are going to be very informal. Please bring whatever your family would like to eat and extras if you would like to share. Hope to see you there.

Jane
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

I was considering going, but now my situation is different and I cannot attend.

Joanie
Jane

Post by Jane »

Just a reminder for those who are planning to come tomorrow. Here is a link for directions. We will be at the playground beside the museum.

http://www.heritagevillagecincinnati.or ... ation.html

You don't need to pay admission to the museum since we only use the playground and restrooms, but I think there is a $1.50 charge per vehicle per day to enter the park.

Hope to see you there.

Jane
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Jane,or anyone who attended the picnic...

Details, details...I'd love to hear/read how many came together to have a BPI Family "lovefest" (my word for get-to-gethers. :)
Anyone post pictures on some "photobucket-like" web site?

Hugs all around,
"Gramma" Carolyn J
LOBPI...almost adult
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
parent needing help
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 03/28/2000 OBPI. rc5-6 rupture, rc7-8 avulsion rt1 stretch. L humeral fx lc7 stretch

Post by parent needing help »

ANd I would love to hear if this is going to continue into 2009? We are from WV but we this is how we started out and THANK GOD everyday for Karen Ritz and her picnics in OH.
Christy & Katie Chapman
parent needing help
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 03/28/2000 OBPI. rc5-6 rupture, rc7-8 avulsion rt1 stretch. L humeral fx lc7 stretch

Post by parent needing help »

Should have mentioned that Jane is appreciated too..just wanted to comment we have nothing formal in WV and the picnics were a life saver for us.

thanks!!!!
Christy & Katie Chapman
Geppetto

Post by Geppetto »

Are we on for this year?
brentr6
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Motorcycle accident Oct 8, '06. TBI and LTBPI. Brachial Plexus Reconstructive surgery at the Mayo by Shin/Bishop/Spinner Jul '07. Gracilis muscle transfer for new bicep is working somewhat, still have a way to go-no hand-to-mouth motion yet!

Post by brentr6 »

You can count on me being there! I look forward to meeting everyone face to face! Anyone else that would like to get together before then would be great! Name the time and place...