BPI Picnic Hotel Info and Registration for October

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
mamaofsix
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Second son, Cameron, left obstetric brachial plexus injury in 2005.
Primary never graft surgery at 3 months old at St. Louis Children's Hospital
and several rounds of Botox injections.

BPI Picnic Hotel Info and Registration for October

Post by mamaofsix »

Hello!

I wanted to send a reminder to anyone who plans on attending our BPI Family and Friends Picnic in St. Louis that registration is due by September 12 so that we may have an accurate count of all who are coming. We are pleased to have the Doubletree Hotel Westport give us an excellent rate of only 69.00/night for a single or a double room. It is close to the picnic site. Here is the link to the hotel and rooms are held under "BPI Picnic" http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/ ... T/index.do

The link to register online for the picnic is http://stlbpipicnic.eventbrite.com/ or you can email me for a postal address if you prefer to register that way.

We are excited and the date is coming up fast!! Hope to see you there!

Contact me at stlbpi@yahoo.com if you have any additional questions. If you would like to come, but finances are an issue, let me know, maybe we can help in some way.
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: BPI Picnic Hotel Info and Registration for October

Post by Carolyn J »

I wish you all a grand day there in St Louis!
Your children will benefit in invaluable ways by being together in a one day Camp I assure you.

Hugs all around,
Carolyn J
LOBPI adult
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI