BPI Camp

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
Brenda333
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter has global palsy (c5-T1 injury) 5 surgeries at Texas Children's by Dr
Laurent, Shenaq, and Nath. 1st Surel graft 2nd Intercostal transfer 3rd Latisimus Dorsi transfer with subscapular release 4th Pec release 5th Bicep lenghtening, (which weakened her bicep, and contracture returned.) Has went through serial casting with fair results. Her arm is about a hand shorter then the other. She has limited hand function. (able to grasp) Arm stays pronated. Unable to get to neutral. Now dealing with sternoclavicular subluxation. All that being said....She is very functional. She is a very determined, strong, tenacious young woman. Now 15. She plays the trumpet, french horn, drums, guitar, and now learning piano. Has always played on a softball, and basketball team. Until recently, for fear of further injury due to the sternoclavicular subluxation. (separation of colarbone from sternum) Not sure if all this is spelled right.
--

BPI Camp

Post by Brenda333 »

We are interested in setting up a Camp for those affected with brachial plexus injuries, and or their families scheduled to take place the summer of 2009.
We will be looking into various areas of the Midwest and Florida for the location.

We thought we would send out an e-mail message to see if this is what the brachial plexus community would like to see happen. If you are interested in attending, helping out, and or making a donation for the event, please let us know.
Sincerely,
Brenda
Wisconsin Brachial Plexus Injury Connection
BPI
Erbspalsy1@gmail.com
P.O. Box 23
Larsen, WI 54947

We are just trying to help out the BPI Community and UBPN with this endeavor. All and any help appreciated.
Brenda
BPI Connection
http://www.freewebs.com/wbpic
LisaJayne68

Re: BPI Camp

Post by LisaJayne68 »

I would LOVE to be able to meet with other adults with OBPI! I just recently found the boards and learned I wasn't alone!

I would like to just have some "down" time to visit informally and chat. It doesn't have to be any more than that. If there were presentations on the injuries and their lifelong effects that would be great. Having never totally understood what happened to me I've never known what to expect as I get older!
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Post by richinma2005 »

UBPN is not sponsoring or involved in a camp in 2009, we will however be sponsoring a camp in 2010. Please see the Camp message board for more information and explanation of our plans

Rich Looby
President UBPN
Brenda333
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter has global palsy (c5-T1 injury) 5 surgeries at Texas Children's by Dr
Laurent, Shenaq, and Nath. 1st Surel graft 2nd Intercostal transfer 3rd Latisimus Dorsi transfer with subscapular release 4th Pec release 5th Bicep lenghtening, (which weakened her bicep, and contracture returned.) Has went through serial casting with fair results. Her arm is about a hand shorter then the other. She has limited hand function. (able to grasp) Arm stays pronated. Unable to get to neutral. Now dealing with sternoclavicular subluxation. All that being said....She is very functional. She is a very determined, strong, tenacious young woman. Now 15. She plays the trumpet, french horn, drums, guitar, and now learning piano. Has always played on a softball, and basketball team. Until recently, for fear of further injury due to the sternoclavicular subluxation. (separation of colarbone from sternum) Not sure if all this is spelled right.
--

Post by Brenda333 »

We did not mean to offend UBPN. My daughter was terribly disappointed about the 2009 Camp being canceled. We figured there was more out there just like her, who didn't want to wait 2 years for bpi camp.

We wanted to help out, we thought we would go a head and set something up. I'm sure it won't be as grand as the UBPN camp, but I do have experience in event planning.

Again, sorry if we have offended. As of right now plans will continue. We will try and set up a camp for 2009, unless there isn't enough wanting to go. I don't want to disappoint my daughter, and those like her in the BPI Community.
Brenda
BPI Connection
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Post by richinma2005 »

Hi Brenda,

Like I emailed, there is no offense on our (UBPN) part. We just want to make sure that the community is aware that this not a UBPN camp, nor is it helping UBPN towards UBPN Camp 2010.

We wish you luck and hope for a great turnout!

Rich
President UBPN
Brenda333
--

Post by Brenda333 »

We are still trying to pull something together. Hopefully, we will know soon one way or another.
Brenda
BPI Connection
P.O. Box 23
Larsen, WI 54947
erbspalsy1@gmail.com

Message was edited by: Brenda333
Brenda
BPI Connection
Cole's Mommy

Post by Cole's Mommy »

Hi there Sali!
We are in Nebraska...I've wondered if there was anyone near by. We would love to get together! Where in NE are you?
Nicole
runningwaters46@yahoo.com

Post by runningwaters46@yahoo.com »

my Daughter is very interested in camp this summer and it's been a long time since we have had a vacation with the family. Her name is Brittney A. Ice she's thirteen years old. Brittney is very smart too likes computers and wrestling,computer games. And is looking for a pen pal for support.
Brittney was born with Erb's pulsey and has been in and out of physical therapy and swimming also.Never had surgery.