BPI Camp

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
Brenda333
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter has global palsy (c5-T1 injury) 5 surgeries at Texas Children's by Dr
Laurent, Shenaq, and Nath. 1st Surel graft 2nd Intercostal transfer 3rd Latisimus Dorsi transfer with subscapular release 4th Pec release 5th Bicep lenghtening, (which weakened her bicep, and contracture returned.) Has went through serial casting with fair results. Her arm is about a hand shorter then the other. She has limited hand function. (able to grasp) Arm stays pronated. Unable to get to neutral. Now dealing with sternoclavicular subluxation. All that being said....She is very functional. She is a very determined, strong, tenacious young woman. Now 15. She plays the trumpet, french horn, drums, guitar, and now learning piano. Has always played on a softball, and basketball team. Until recently, for fear of further injury due to the sternoclavicular subluxation. (separation of colarbone from sternum) Not sure if all this is spelled right.
--

Re: BPI Camp

Post by Brenda333 »

Think I'm going to have to give up the idea on a camp for this year. Everything is just so expensive. Places that parents probably wouldn't be able to afford. Found a couple that was interesting, but even getting there to check it out is expensive. Anyway, that's were I'm at with this venture. Will probably just have to wait until UBPN comes up with something. Hope your efforts are more successful.
Sorry,
Brenda Moore
BPI Connection

Message was edited by: Brenda333
Brenda
BPI Connection
http://www.freewebs.com/wbpic
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

Camp UBPN will be in October 2010... Hope to see you there :)
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Please let me know about the status of this summer camp. We live in the Florida area and will be eager to help and assist to the camp.
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

Ricky there is no Camp planned for the summer. The next UBPN Camp is supposed to be in 2010, October.

The other camp the people on here were trying to organize did not work out as everything was very expensive.
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com