FREE Family Day at Adventure Aquarium - Dr. Kozin will attend

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
Tanner's Mom

FREE Family Day at Adventure Aquarium - Dr. Kozin will attend

Post by Tanner's Mom »

FREE Family Day at Adventure Aquarium in Camden, N.J.
On Sunday, June 21, 2009 all BPI families are invited to attend a free, fun-filled family outing at the Adventure Aquarium in Camden, N.J. Families are encouraged to arrive as early as 11 a.m. and remain until the Aquarium’s closing time of 5 p.m. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm to all attending. During lunch, well-known BPI surgeon, Dr. Scott Kozin of Shriner’s Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, will be available to answer your questions, to look at your child and to assess the potential need for a formal appointment at Shriner’s.
Admission to the Aquarium, parking and lunch are all being provided by the Law Offices of Michael J. Weiss of Cherry Hill, N.J. In order to reserve your family’s participation or to get additional information, please contact Mary Wagner at (856)428-1236, or toll-free at (888)856-7076, or by email at weisslawoffice@comcast.net .
guest222

Re: FREE Family Day at Adventure Aquarium - Dr. Kozin will attend

Post by guest222 »

l

Message was edited by: guest222
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Dear "guest",
The rewards and effect on your child will be indescribable to see other children like him/herself and you and your parents will greatly enjoy the visit with other parents & grandparents.If Dr. Kozin can give up his own Father's day to see children and answer parents' questions free of charge I can guarentee a healing and useful experience your child will have when you attend this gathering. Please consider it for your child and both of you parents. You'll never regret it...

"Gramma" Carolyn J
LOBPI/ age 70 & "bossy" sometimes ;)
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
guest222

Post by guest222 »

l

Message was edited by: guest222
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Dr Kozin cares about OBPI children and their parents and families. He's a vital part of our UBPN Family.

Carolyn J
LOBPI/70
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
tinachick

Post by tinachick »

Would you know if the Dr. deals with TBPI as well?

Thank you.
Mommy Melissa

Post by Mommy Melissa »

Is there a website to visit for the event?