Massachusetts-- New England Gathering at the Boston Museum of Science

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Massachusetts-- New England Gathering at the Boston Museum of Science

Post by richinma2005 »

Hi all,

There will be a Northeast/Massachusetts/NewEngland gathering at the Museum of science on October 31st. We can start at 8:30 for a sponsored breakfast--meet and greet, and then we have two speakers lined up for parents starting at ~9:30:

Dr. Kozin from Philadelphia Shriner's and

James Baron esq. a 504/IEP Lawyer

Both will present and take questions from parents.

The kids will be chaperoned for activities in the museum by volunteers while the parents have these presentations. Afterwords, the families can explore the musuem donated by our sponsor.

For people who would like to register to attend, please send # of people attending to rlooby@gmail.com or richard@ubpn.org.

We are also trying to secure another motivational speaker, and will update as we get closer.

Please register soon so we can have an idea of food and passes to secure.

Thank you!

Look forward to seeing a successful gathering

Rich
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.

Re: Massachusetts-- New England Gathering at the Boston Museum of Science

Post by richinma2005 »

see poster attached
richinma2005

Post by richinma2005 »

There will be a costume contest as well for the kids who want to dress up!

more details as it comes together
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

ooooooouuuuuu, Rich, I wish I could be there. You all are going to have a GRAND Day!! :)

Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI