Are there any support groups in Australia?

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
siobby
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My son was born 14/10/10 with shoulder dystocia as a consequence has brachial plexus palsy of the left side. He has no elbow flexion or supination. Exploratory surgery on 30/03/11 found significant neuroma's to C5 & C6. Nerve Grafts were required and we are now anxiously awaiting results.

Are there any support groups in Australia?

Post by siobby »

Hi, I'm in queensland and just wandering if there are any support groups in Brisbane or surrounding areas? There seems to be a real lack of support within Australia for any BP injuries, probably due to Australia's low population and geography.

Thanks
jrg
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Erbs Palsy. My bub born in 2006 with left side EP. Botox intervention and conservative treatment to date. Possible surgery.

Re: Are there any support groups in Australia?

Post by jrg »

Hi

I am not sure if there are any support group locally - I too live near BNE. However, there is a great Brachial Plexus Clinic that is run out of the Royal Childrens Hospital in Melbourne. My bub receives treatment there on an ongoing basis.

If you hear of any support networks, I would love to know.
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Post by richinma2005 »

Ther ei sone listed n our support group registry:

http://ubpn.org/index.php?option=com_wr ... Itemid=103

Group Name: Brachial Plexus Injuries
State:
Work Phone:
Email: mikeemma@bigpond.net.au
Alternate Email: epanky2002@hotmail.com
Website Address: http://groups.msn.com/BrachialPlexusInjuries
IRS 501 Status: No
Description:

A place to get together and ask question, share experiences and unload anything.
jrg
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Erbs Palsy. My bub born in 2006 with left side EP. Botox intervention and conservative treatment to date. Possible surgery.

Post by jrg »

Thanks for that. I will follow up.