Botox and Brachial Plexus Injuries

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Zaidra

Botox and Brachial Plexus Injuries

Post by Zaidra »

HELP!!! I am in desperate need of info. My daughter(lbpi) is scheduled to have botox on her triceps muscles next month. I curious as to the outcome of this. Has anyone else had this on themselves or their children for bpi? Anything you can tell me would be greatly appreciated.
Vancemom

Re: Botox and Brachial Plexus Injuries

Post by Vancemom »

Hi,
We have a 5 months old son, and he had a botox injection almost a month ago. It took us a long time to decide to do or not, but after some research,talking to parents and his pediatrician we did it. He had a cast for two weeks after the injection.For the first week we could do his ROM a lot easier than before, and his arm did not rotate as much but now his muscles are already strarting to get tight.
We will go back to the doc in two weeks, I can let you know...
Good luck
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Zaidra,
My son had a botox treatment in his tricep muscle and we saw results almost immediately. The goal was to weaken the tricep muscle because it was overpowering his bicep muscle. He had one treatment and it worked!!! He gained some bicep movement!!!!! Good Luck!
Vinarski12
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Aug 14, 2012

Post by Vinarski12 »

Approximately two-thirds of children with brachial plexus palsy get better on their own with minimal treatment. Most children benefit from therapy. Getting the right treatment for your child will maximize motor function, promote increased signals to the brain and minimize growth deformity. Doctors strongly recommend early evaluation and treatment for children with neonatal brachial plexus injury.