(non bpi) Toxins Database

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

(non bpi) Toxins Database

Post by F-Litz »

somebody here posted about the toxin database http://www.cosmeticdatabase.com and I want to thank whoever it was because boy have my eyes been opened!

That "wonderful" sunscreen I was using on Maia for years (oh yea they use words like organic, botanical, KIDS, etc.) It is an "8" on the toxin scale - yowzer! My shampoo that keeps my hair from getting too dried out - yep another "8". What the heck! Since when did the word NATURAL mean BIOHAZARD?

Please look at the site and check on all the products you are using. It's going to blow your mind!

Oh yes - that's the post I saw it on I think - the antiperspirant thread.... there are antiperspirants that are low toxicity level... I'm switching to a new brand tomorrow!

Please share this site with everyone you know.
claudia

Re: (non bpi) Toxins Database

Post by claudia »

Hey Fran...i went to the site because i'm a hippie in long island clothes!!! i did better than you!!! the stuff my kids and i use fell in the 5-6 range. and some were in the 2-3 range (like my make up!).

i'm am so self impressed right now!!! heheheee

no, really, it was quite interesting.

claudia
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Well this just made my day.
I have used Coppertone Water-babies for years. I felt if it was safe for children it would be good for me.
I use 45 and have always been careful of the sun...

I just had a Squamous cell lesion removed from the inside of my bpi arm and have two more showing up on my bpi side.... So what did the sun protection do for me? This really makes me wonder??
I just heard about a problem with Eucerin and that is another product I use. It's supposed to be great for dry skin.

Hmmmm I am so ticked off...
Thanks for the website, I just emailed it to my daughter and daughter in law. They are so careful with their kids even though they all tan.

Kath robp/adult
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Post by F-Litz »

Kath - maybe you got the cancer FROM the sunscreen.. it rated 8 on the UVA protection scale so it did NOTHING for you! plus being toxic...
amazingly disgusting if you ask me

and eucerin - I put that on Adena's body for the first 12 years of her life for her eczema. I would put her in a bath, not dry her body and slather it on. Lovely.

Now she has alopecia (lost all of her hair) - I wonder what lovely toxin might be responsible for that??

UGH!
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

Thanks Francine, it was me who posted that! You know how I question EVERYTHING....LOL!
Glad it's helped. But, sometimes....I wish we didn't know this stuff. And, sometimes, I get so MAD that 'they' are still selling it to us!
Grrrrrrrr :)
JenNZ