New York lawyer

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
ptrefam

Re: New York lawyer

Post by ptrefam »

You could check with :
Ken Levine
Klevine@Klevinelaw.com
617-566-2700
www.Klevinelaw.com

He posts on the boards and seems quite knowledgable about BPI. He also came to our BPI gathering in WI.
Sue
claudia

Post by claudia »

I am going to recommend my lawyer, but understand that they have a very high win rate because they are very selective. And, I caution you, just because I was happy with them, doesn't mean you will be. So, don't come back at me later. This goes for any and all lawyers that are recommended.

Just a note: you don't say where you are in NY, but there are a couple of places you could get a recommendation. 1. local bar association, 2. online-check out which lawfirm names keep popping up, 3. ask people you know

so, with that... We used Gair, Gair and Conason. They are located on Pine Street in NYC.

good luck,
claudia
Mare

Post by Mare »

I used Carol Forte 973-635-5400 she is a BPI laywer her firm is in NJ you can google her I beleive they also do NY they are very good and specialize in birth injury's she got my son the highest award ever paid in nj history for BPI and if she can't do it she can refer you to someone we went through 3 laywers before we found her so be careful alot will take the case but bpi is hard to prove more cases are lost then won Mare
Mare

Post by Mare »

Blume Goldfaden Partner, Carol L. Forte, previously co-chaired and is currently a member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America Birth Trauma Litigation Group, which is comprised of several hundred lawyers from around the country who specialize in brachial plexus injury and other birth injury related cases. Blume Goldfaden Partner, Michael B. Zerres, is currently a member of the same Birth Trauma Litigation Group.

Many of our attorneys handle brachial plexus injury cases. Most of our Attorneys are Certified Civil Trial Attorneys with outstanding trial records and experience in handling dozens of Erb's Palsy and medical malpractice cases involving birth injuries. We are available to speak with you regarding any such matters.
guest4now

Post by guest4now »

thank you everyone! This place is great....I will do my homework and look into all the suggestions.
Ken. Levine

Post by Ken. Levine »

Hello Guest,

I do accept cases in New York and would be pleased to speak with you.

Ken Levine

617-566-2700
Klevine@Klevinelaw.com
www.Klevinelaw.com
jquackenbush

Post by jquackenbush »

We were represented by Brian Zorn several years ago. He is with Faraci and Lange in Rochester. We were very pleased with him and my son got a very generous structured settlement. He did quite a bit of research about OBPI and is very ethical.
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Post by F-Litz »

Try to stick to an attorney in your state if you can. There's all sorts of major additional costs when an attorney (and team) has to travel and get a local attorney involved as well. It would be fine if there aren't great attorneys in your state but it looks like there are some good ones right in New York. I have a lot of information about legal stuff that I saved. I recognize that you want to be anonymous so set up an anonymous email and I can send you that stuff. francine@litzfamily.com
Ken. Levine

Post by Ken. Levine »

There are many fine lawyers in New York, that is correct. Be careful to make sure that whoever you select has sufficient experience with brachial plexus cases. These cases are very complex and the medical literature is constantly changing as the doctors try to find new ways to explain their mistakes.

It is not correct that there are always hidden or additional costs in using a lawyer out of town. That may be true for some but not all. For example, for the out of town cases I take I do ask to be reimbursed for travel expenses to meet with the clients. When I meet with someone on a case out of town I explain that we will not ask to reimbursed for any additional costs related to being out of town. In that way the clients pay the say as they would if I were in their city. Again, that is how we do it, but that may not be the case for every lawyer.

As always, when you speak with lawyer ask alot of questions about the fees and costs as well as the lawyers experience with brachial plexus cases. The selection of a lawyer is an important step and should be done with care and consideration.

Ken Levine
Klevine@Klevinelaw.com
www.Klevinelaw.com
617-566-2700
guest222

Post by guest222 »

Eliot Schumann