SSD/SSI information current.

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: SSD/SSI information current.

Post by Carolyn J »

BUMPING UP...Kath's thorough infiermation of Oct 4 is in here.
Carolyn J
LOBPI/74
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

Post by Carolyn J »

More Helpful INFROMATION! :)

Compassionate Allowances

SSA's new Compassionate Allowance Program that fast-tracks disability decisions to ensure that Americans with the most serious disabilities receive their benefit decisions within days instead of months or years. These conditions primarily include certain cancers, adult brain disorders, and a number of rare disorders that affect children.

For more information on the Compassionate Allowances initiative, please click here.

http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001_pxYWRqV ... cYpQVIzhI=
Carolyn J

Post by Carolyn J »

More INFORMATION

Compassionate Allowances

SSA's new Compassionate Allowance Program that fast-tracks disability decisions to ensure that Americans with the most serious disabilities receive their benefit decisions within days instead of months or years. These conditions primarily include certain cancers, adult brain disorders, and a number of rare disorders that affect children.

For more information on the Compassionate Allowances initiative, please click here.

http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001_pxYWRqV ... cYpQVIzhI=
Carolyn J

Post by Carolyn J »

BUMPING UP for Mom in FL.
Carolyn J
LOBPI/75
Carolyn J

Post by Carolyn J »

keep scrolling down for a link, ALSO
Carolyn J
LOBPI/75
Master DIVER TOM

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

The UBPN board work very hard to have are injuries included for Social Security Disability , Description of medical condition :shock: ;) :D
Because of there efforts , I was able to get SSD without a appeal or getting a Lawyer, Then again my good arm got rip up driving a semi after 25 years a 18 wheeler with birth erbs :shock:
There is the birth injury and then there is so many injured latter in life to :shock:
In ether case , If you have issues in both arms, Keeping record is so important in a WC case a SSD case and injured at birth case. I done both :evil: :twisted: I did both :shock:
Get all your records you can as a medical issue, EVERYTHING counts :shock: ;) Every medical and mental issues count in a determination, period ;)
Why there is so many appeals, ???
Please explain, :roll: I like the idea of a faster lane to approve, but what is needed??? :shock: :shock: and how can I help??? :shock: :roll:
Tom