Not taking "nothing can be done" as an answer.

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Re: Not taking "nothing can be done" as an answer.

Post by jmar »

if i do write something for the next magazine, is jennifer still the one to send it to? i have not seen her on the boards for several months.

OOOOPS we are getting off topic....

lisa, i was 48 when i was injured. it has been 17 months. i have no kids, so therefore no grandkids. the pain right now is excruciating, i know, but it will ease up with time. you will learn how to do everything with one hand. it is hard and awkward, but you can do it. there is a topic thread on the board on how to do things one-handed i will find it for you and pull it up. i am so sorry you have to join the group that none of wanted to join. but i am happy that you found a great source of information and support. good luck to you and i hope the best for you.
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Post by richinma2005 »

yes she is till the editor
Laura72
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Husband has BPI March 8, 2009

Post by Laura72 »

Lisa, Unfortunatley this type of injury is permadent. My husband was in an accident March 2009, has had multiple surgeries. DONT WAIT the longer you wait the less there is to work with. He has gone to John's Hopkins for his surgeries. They are wonderful there!! Best of luck!
anotherbpimom...

Post by anotherbpimom... »

I don't know what state you are in. We love Dr. Stevanovic in Los Angeles, CA. I personally would fly across the country for him if it were me.