DJs surgery

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
DJsmom

DJs surgery

Post by DJsmom »

DJ had his tendon transfer surgery with Dr. wahl at the Shriners in St Louis, MO a few weeks ago. She put in a statue of liberty cast. Not sure this cast is going to make it to Sept 10. It sure has not slowed him down any. Excited and a little scared to get the cast off to see what changes will occurr. My hope is that he can raise his arm up on his own without helping it with the stronger arm. I am sure tears will come the first time we get a two armed hug, ya know?
Master DIVER TOM

Re: DJs surgery

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

Hi :shock: :roll:
My mom gave up trying to worry about my birth erbs, when I climb a tall tree,
No matter the outcome, If there is a will to adapt there will be way, no matter the outcome of the surgery,
You do have a tiger, We do learn this because of parents trying , So hard to help, My Mom had her hand full with me to :shock:
Inspiration to try , comes from the parents trys to help, Know all about that ;) :D
Hope this help??? :roll:
Tom
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: DJs surgery

Post by Carolyn J »

I am so happy for DJ!! There is nothing we can't do when we put our minds to it. We find a way.Please keep us updated. I love to read them.
"Gramma" Carolyn J
LOBPI/75