Just wanted to say hello to all

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
christy

Re: Just wanted to say hello to all

Post by christy »

Was he able to get the SSI because of the BPI stuff or another reason? Katie too finally qualified after appealing two times. Come to find out they were evaluating her on information from when she was 3 months old and at that time the particular dr felt she would heal well. Proved that wrong when she had surgery 2 months later. But she did get it after 2.5 years and it was more on being behind her classmates rather than gross skills. Glad to see you back, even if for a short time. Be prepared, they can also lose movement for awhile if they are sick for an extended time.
carron

Just wanted to say hello to all

Post by carron »

I have been busy with Thomas and the kids. Have to catch up on what all is been going on. Hope all of you are doing well. Thomas has been sick with a cold since Thanksgiving. I now understand what some have said about fevers and their arm hurting. He pulled on his arm and would cry.....He is doing better. 18m old still not talking starting to get worried more. He is starting speech this month I hope EI has missed two appt. so who knows......... Another thing I have been battling is Medicaid they drop Thomas as of Nov. 30 so I have been trying to get him on All Kids It came today Thank God........But the deal is we won our case with SSI for disablity so medicaid has to cover him its just all a bunch of paper work sitting on someones desk who does not care about therapy and doctors...... Bid Headache!! I keep getting it will take time to do all the paper work first at least 6 weeks. We are going to try botox on his bicep / I will keep you up to date on that as it happens..
C
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Re: Just wanted to say hello to all

Post by richinma2005 »

thanks for updating everyone. With all the crap the injury brings, paperwork and red tape should NOT be one of them... Hang in there

rich