Let's see how silly we really can be

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
veggiebug
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I weighed 11 lbs. 4 oz. when I was born.
I was delivered by forceps which resulted in my ROBPI.
I've never had any surgical intervention.

Let's see how silly we really can be

Post by veggiebug »

I know this seems like a silly question but I have to ask, How many people refer to their BP arm with a name or as if it's not really part of them.

I thought of it when I read the post about "Arms/hands growing at different rates" and she mentioned her son calls it "lefty".

Example: I have referred to it as "Erby", and my husband calls it the "Claw".

It's all in fun. How silly are we when it comes to our arms?

-Traci
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Re: Let's see how silly we really can be

Post by Kath »

hmmm I never thought of it... I just noticed that people call their arms by a name.

When I was a child the kids would ask "which is the bad arm?" That was so they would not pull or hit me in that arm when we played games that were rough.

I use to clown around and hold my arm in weird position and tell my family they could not hit a cripple.... they did anyway... all in fun...

Kath

Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
janny scotland

Post by janny scotland »

LOL i call mine "my tooky arm"

Janny
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You know, the dead arm
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

erby I LOVE THAT

MAy I use it?
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

You guys are making me laugh...

I just thought of a name since I never named my arm...

How about wacko... since I am always poking (wacking)someone with it!
Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
veggiebug
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I weighed 11 lbs. 4 oz. when I was born.
I was delivered by forceps which resulted in my ROBPI.
I've never had any surgical intervention.

Post by veggiebug »

Sounds good. And anyone can use Erby I'll share with anyone here.

Thanks for the laughs.

-Traci
Kath

Post by Kath »

Its good to read all the forms we learn from each other. I like that name cute.
Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
de prins

Post by de prins »

Hi everybody

mmmmm it is actually a very good question, I never though about it but I will certainly think it through this weekend.

I think this is really a funny topic that brightens up my day ;-)

ciao

Anouk
ambybaby0502

Post by ambybaby0502 »

my friends call it my "dead arm". when were playing around and they go to hit me they always try to hit my good arm. then when they hit the "dead" arm theyre like... o man. lol. its funny