Let's see how silly we really can be

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
admin
Site Admin

Re: Let's see how silly we really can be

Post by admin »

That's 2 dead arms!!!!! We win!
rachelcasa

Post by rachelcasa »

After the movie Finding Nemo, I now call my arm the short fin!! Although after the mod quad I have gained 2 inches in length it is still shorter and I still have the bow in it. I also had to get the Nemo tattoo to go along with it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

one of my sons friends called his obpi GIMP in a nice way
veggiebug
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I weighed 11 lbs. 4 oz. when I was born.
I was delivered by forceps which resulted in my ROBPI.
I've never had any surgical intervention.

Post by veggiebug »

I thought about the Nemo thing too. I'm also considering a tattoo.
Right now I have a Nemo key chain hanging on my purse. My husband and I joke that when we have kids they can call it my "lucky fin".

I love that movie!

-Traci
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My daughter calls it her "BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD" arm and threatens to have that tatooed across it.
She loves to say this because she knows it's politically incorrect. She gets that evil teenaged glint in her eye every time she says it!
Lucky Fin

Post by Lucky Fin »

My nick name on here is my name for my arm. When Finding Nemo came out all of my friends and family said Disney just had to be following me around. I've now been dubbed "Lucky Fin" by them all. I also call it "my body decoration". When people ask about how much use I have and I reply, "none", they always follow up with a what do you do with it then (yes, some people are just plain silly) & that's when I reply with "it's my decoration!!!)
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Hi everyone.This IS fun! I have called my left hand "IRON CLAW" for alooooong time ; but I like "erby" or "Lucky Fin"better. Nobody but me have ever joked about it and I've tried to get them to(family/siblings/son). When my son was little & I accidently pinched him & could not get my "claw" to open & let him go fast enough, I called it my "Funny-Finger Hand"& did a funny face to make him laugh & he never cried even when it must have hurt sometimes.
Carolyn J
LOBPI,age 66(in case you've forgoten me as it's been awhile!)
THANKS,Veggie, I love to laugh...LOL
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
espiper

Post by espiper »

I just had the Mod Quad on Jan 7th 2005 and never new I called my arm anything until my physical therapist said to me "don't say "the left arm and my right arm" try saying "my left arm and my right arm", make it a part of yourself. How weird to have to have this pointed out but it is true - I have always said MY right arm and THE left arm, as if it were not attached.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have always refered to mine as "hook" -
patpxc
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: C-5 and C-6. Unable to supinate. Contracture elbow. Wrist bone underdeveloped.
Can raise forearm to mouth level. shoulder is limited in movement. Unable to put arm behind back. Secondary- early arthritis, carpal tunnel, pronator syndrome,scoliosis

Post by patpxc »

My mom always called it "your bad arm" My kids call it the dead arm. I call it a pain in the ###@@@@.