HOW TO BE A NEW BPI MOMMY?

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
brandonsmom

Re: HOW TO BE A NEW BPI MOMMY?

Post by brandonsmom »

Carolyn,
That is a great idea. I have a 10 year old that would lovve to run after toddlers....she loves them. I wish I would have thought of that. My kids were great helpers though. GAYLE
veggiebug
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I weighed 11 lbs. 4 oz. when I was born.
I was delivered by forceps which resulted in my ROBPI.
I've never had any surgical intervention.

Post by veggiebug »

Hi everyone!!!

Wow, I have very little time to catch up with everyone anymore. But motherhood is great, we are always busy. Honestly I think my non-bpi hand isn't fairing as well as my bpi hand. I think carrying Jack around is actually making my BPI arm a little stronger, I'm using it more than ever, trying to reach things when my other hand is occupied. Some things are a challenge, but nothing major.

I've left cleaning go until he naps which isn't as often as before. But I figure these years will pass me by so fast as it is that trying to fit everything in is impossible. It has given me the urge to clean more and organize, which I never cared to do before. I think I'm in permanent nesting mode or something.

Now I have a new fear...How will I manage with two? No I'm not having another yet. But we're going to try again next year so that they are 2 years apart. I'm sure I'll manage just fine. I mean if Christina can manage with her twins I'm sure I'll find a way too. She's such an inspiration.

Well, I thought I'd say Hello to everyone and let people know how I am. But please keep an eye on my website cause he's growing fast and he's just so darn cute.

-Traci
brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

Hi Traci,
It has been a long time. Cannot believe that Jack is 3 months old already. Time flies. I went on your website...he is a cutie pie. He sure has had alot of adventures in his life already. He is sure lucky to have parents like you and Jon !!! GAYLE mom of Brandon ROBPI
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

Hey Traci!
It has been a long time. Glad to hear all is well with you. No doubt your bpi arm is getting stronger, mine gets a very good work out holding my new nephew. I cant wait to see him again next weekend, babies are so darn cute but they do grow up so fast!

Could you post hte link to your site again, I cant seem to find it tonight and have too much homework to search. I would love to read all the updates and see some pics!

Hugs,
Amy

ps, you will be great with two!
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
kamren

Post by kamren »

I can promise you that you can do it. I have 5 children with my LOPBI. All were almost exactly 2 years apart, except for the youngest, he is 5 years younger. It is amazing how much you can do when you set your mind to it!
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Heyyyy Mommy Traci.
Thanks for your weekend's update on "my Jack".
I know you are busy, busy busy AND I am happy to hear "My Jack' may get a sibling or 2[tee hee!]. I do AGREE with Kamren that YES, you can do anything and everything you put your mind to!! BTW, Kath is truly THEE inspiration for 5 as we didn't have resources at our age/"decades".Kamren, this is not to dis-count you too with your 5 Treasures!!

HUGS to all 3 of you,
"UBPN Grammy" Carolyn J

Message was edited by: Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
kissygoose

Post by kissygoose »

Hey Traci...I think with 2 years between them you will be ok. It's amazing how you learn to adapt when you have to. Thanks for the kind compliment. I haven't got a chance to check out the web site but I hope to soon. I'd love to know what you all have been up to lately.
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

HI Traci,

I love your website and seeing how much Jack has grown.

He looks like such a happy baby. Ryan and Aaron were 2 years a part and it was great. I know you will find away to work things out.

Thanks for the update.

Hugs and kisses to Jack, I can't wait to meet him, hopefully at Camp 2007.

Karen
veggiebug
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I weighed 11 lbs. 4 oz. when I was born.
I was delivered by forceps which resulted in my ROBPI.
I've never had any surgical intervention.

Post by veggiebug »

I saw Kath and Carolyn J. signed Jack's guest book again. Glad to see people are visiting Jack's website. I do enjoy updating it and letting people watch him grow up. The website is...

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jonandtraci/

You're right, you never know how well you can handle things till you are put into that position. And I'm definitely not as nervous about the next one whenever that may be.

Also I was talking to my mom a couple weeks ago and she told me that they used forceps on me when I was born. I wish I would have known, maybe I wouldn't have been as nervous about having my own baby. I thought my injury was from being big and that's all, I never knew I may have been injured due to the use of forceps.

Well, I should go. It's past my bedtime.

Not sure that I'll make camp in 2007. $$$ isn't as abundant or as easy to save as it was before Jack came along. I'll definitely do my darndest to get to 2009 if it's closer.

-Traci
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Traci,
OH no!!!...I've just got to HUG "MY JACK"!!! I do hope you win the Lottery so you guys can come to CAMP 2007...ya,ya, tee hee.:) :)

FYI, using forceps is what caused my injury wayyy back in the "Olden" days!

HUGS all around you,Jon and My Jack,
UBPN Gramma Carolyn J :)'s
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI