Need SSD apeal help

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
ptrefam

Re: Need SSD apeal help

Post by ptrefam »

SS said she had everything except the final neuropsych test. So I mailed her a copy. Then 2 weeks later said she didn't have anything. Also claims she hasn't received our mail. So faxed everything I could find. Then she sends us 3 8 page questionaires. So, I faxed them too since I can't prove she gets the mail. Called her supervisor again today and he said he would get back with me this morning.... Still waiting. The guy from DVR said to call Herb Kohl. I did, am now waiting to get the release form from his office. Won't SSI be surprised when they hear from Herb Kohls office!!! We've been waiting over 9 mos for this lady to do her job. Time to take these drastic steps I think.
Sue
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Sue,
It sounds like when you need to send "That Lady" at SS something, you need to send it "Certified Mail" so that someone signs a receipt that you will get back...OR...hand deliver them to SS & make sure they stamp it date & time recieved. Most SS Offices have a ink stamp for that.
HUGS,
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

Sounds to me like the LADY at Social Security needs to be in the unemployment line....GAYLE
kissygoose

Need SSD apeal help

Post by kissygoose »

I just got the forms for the apeal for the SSD. It has a box where you can choose to be there or not be there. Does anyone know whether it is best to be there or not?

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:20 pm.