Just wanted to let you know.

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Re: Just wanted to let you know.

Post by hope16_05 »

Christina,
I hope you are feeling all better very soon! You certainly dont need to deal with heart stuff too. Bummer you cant pick up the twins for three days, that will be hard. But remember its for your health. Do you have any one who can help you out with them for a couple days?
Get well very soon!
Hugs,
Amy 19 ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
kamren

Post by kamren »

What a scary week for you and your family!! Take it easy. The kids will be fine, it is only a couple of days:)

Several years ago, DH was having chest pains too. They ran all sorts of tests. The Dr had decided it was all in his head, so they sent him to a psychiatrist. He talked to DH, and then asked "Did they check you for Asthma?" No, they hadn't. Turns out it wasn't in his head:) Strange how a Psychologist was the one to order the tests and discover a mild asthma case.

Anyhow, it might be worth asking your Dr. if it is a possibility for you too.

Take care and REST!!
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Kissy
I hope you are feeling better soon.
I was in the hospital for pvc in ICU for almost 5 days many years ago.
The doctors said it was a mild asthma attack.
They still closely monitor me because my Mom was 34 when she had her first heart attack and my Dad died of an infarction at 54
Also both brothers had by-pass in their late 50's.

One of the things the doctors noted was the longer/faster I walked, during the stress tests, the more normal my heartbeat became.
I walked for many years a minimum of 1 hour a day for exercise.
I find when I keep up with the exercise I don't have pvc.

Have yourself checked for allergy or asthma also just to be sure.
Take care of yourself and feel better soon.
Kath (adult/robpi)
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
kissygoose

Post by kissygoose »

Thanks ladies. I have an appt. with my pcp next week and will be sure to mention the allergy/asthma ideas. We'll see what happens.

I feel terrible because both the kids want me to pick them up so bad and I can't. It breaks my heart.
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

My Dear KISSY,
Oh my G--! No wonder you have been on my mind for 2 days!!

A Thought...Have a Pharmacist AND/or you PCP re-check your Meds and doses;compatibility; ]RE-READ the print out for SIDE EFFECTS of all Meds you are taking.

I hope you can keep the help with the kids for awhile more than the 3 days!!!

I am praying for you. Please keep us posted as much as you can.
HUGS,hugs, hugs!!
Carolyn J

Message was edited by: Carolyn J

Message was edited by: Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
ptrefam

Post by ptrefam »

Sorry to hear of your problems. Sit on the couch and have the little ones climb up on you lap or next to you. Not the same as picking them up but it will give you a rest and them the closeness. Hope all recovers well. And yes give yourself a break, try to have someone help you for a bit.
Sue
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Kissy
When my two girls were small (they are 14 months apart) I use to play on the floor with them all the time.
I could no longer pick them up and it seemed as soon as one sat on my lap the other wanted up... it was crazy.
I did not feel safe with whoever was on my right side on the couch.
So, I sat on the floor with them and they could climb all over me and I was not afraid one would fall.

I was back on the floor again once my grandchildren came along.
Once the babies reach a certain weight, height I could not pick them up so I played on the floor.
I have two granddaughter that are two weeks apart and they are always here together...
I needed to be on the floor with them all the time.
Their 5 now and can sit on my lap both at the same time without fear of me dropping one of them.

Ahhhh I loved my carpet and floor play...
I was right on their level and it made them so happy.

Hang in there... hopefully things will get better.
Even for a Mom with two good strong arms twins are hard on their back and arms.

Hugs
Kath ( adult/robpi)
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
kissygoose

Just wanted to let you know.

Post by kissygoose »

I just got home from the hospital after three days. I went in tuesday evening for chest pains. They monitored me and while all my blood work came out ok my ekg's were showing something abnormal. So this morning I was transfered to Altoona hospital to have a cardiac catherization. I was scared silly but my friend met me over there and stayed with me the whole time. And after a little persuasion she got to bring home today. My catherization came out totally clear so they still don't know the cause of my arythmias and I have to follow up with my pcp to see what to do. I also have to talk to my councilor to see if maybe it was caused by a panic attack. Anyway, I haven't had any chest pain since yesterday night but I still have some small pvc palpitations from time to time.

The worst part is that I can't lift the kids for 3 days (nothing over 5 pounds) and I am basically to take it totally easy for the next three day and then ease up to normal activity.

I've also wondered if I had this bcause I forgot to titrate up to my new dosate. My mind hasn't been working weel lately and I just started adding the extra 200 to all my times. But the doctorsd don't think it had much if anything to do with it.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu May 29, 2014 5:32 am.