Confused??Do you guys have bicep function or tricep or both

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
cristina

Confused??Do you guys have bicep function or tricep or both

Post by cristina »

I went to an ortho. doctor ( I've already went w/ Dr. Nath my insurance declined him) and he told me my injury was different because the majority of BPI patients don't have bicep function ( they can't curl their arm) and I did. I can raise my hand to mouth, can supinate a bit. I can put my arm behind my back.I can shrug shoulders or rotate them. But i can't raise my arm in front of me nor to the side of me. I have a contracture (or bend). I don't have tricep function. and my hand does nothing except squeeze a little. But I can't open my hand

Anyway I had an MRI done, he is bit unsure of where my injury occured.

I know everyones injury is different, but he has thrown me off by stating that most all BPI patients don't have bicep function I thought the tricep was the most affected area.

Cristina :):)
diver

Re: Confused??Do you guys have bicep function or tricep or b

Post by diver »

You know what Scary :shock:
Is when a doctor tell you that other can or cant have a certain function :o
What you said I have with my birth erbs for 63 years ;)
It is always the quest to find the next doctor to help over time, Go for anything that improve grasp ;)
You should of seen the 1 st doctor attitude pass me to learn to drive a semi with birth erbs,years ago :shock:
You have ability by effort to strengthen what you can in life, a doctor surprise you have a certain issue of ability , Mean nothing ;)
We all are doing great by post ;) , No Limits, let no ones option stop you from trying, :shock: ;)
Just thinking :shock: :roll:
Tom