help please!

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
PuppetPeople

Re: help please!

Post by PuppetPeople »

Amy,
When my kids were little I used my legs to help hold them still on the floor. Silly songs and faces do work wonders on kids! Just make sure Dr. ok's it for you to be doing.

Good luck with your surgery. I will be at Mayo on Monday June 4th, to have stitches removed and x-rays done at 7am. We are hoping to be able to go right back home, but are prepared for staying again.

Take Care & God Bless.

Karen
45 year old
ROBPI
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Karen,
Please rememmber to keep us updated as you are able.

HUGS all around,:)
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
rachelcasa

Post by rachelcasa »

Amy,

I will be praying for you and I hope your surgery works out for you. I am so proud of you for researching and taking the lengths you have taken for yourself.

It is hard to change a diaper with one hand. I would just make sure that you are up to it first. If you at any time do not feel comfortable your sister may have to find alternative means. Perhaps you could be there to assist. You just make sure you take care of Y O U!!!
*HUGS*
Best of luck to you.
Hugs and prayers
Rachel
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

Bumping up for a member of the tbpi board needing help figuring out how to change diapers one handed.
Amy
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

BUMPING UP for RYLEE
Carolyn J
LOBPI/75 8-)