surgery on collar bone on arm with erbs palsy

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
utzybuzzy

surgery on collar bone on arm with erbs palsy

Post by utzybuzzy »

I broke my left collar bone due to a cycling accident. The doctor said i would need surgery and when I told him I had erbs palsy in that arm he became very reluctant to do it. He said he can't fix that problem. If I just left it alone my bone would heal but the arm would be weaker. I said all I wanted was the strength I had in the arm before because I'm very active physically. I was very taken aback by his response. He looked at the xray again and said he could do the surgery. What's the difference if I have erbs palsy or not, I want my arm to function as normal is normal to me. He then said for me to call the anesthesiologist to tell him about the problem in case he has to change things (I didn't call). I've had surgery on that hand before and no one seemed to care. I'm very nervous about the surgery now and what the doctor thinks. Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. Anyone ever dealt with this. I'm pretty desperate!! Thanks!!
Master DIVER TOM

Re: surgery on collar bone on arm with erbs palsy

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

Ouch :shock:
You need some peace before tomorrow surgery,
In my world with birth erbs and a broken scapula and elbow at birth to. These things never got fix.
My arm is not weaker because of the broken bones it is the nerve injury from the erbs. If the fall injury was to the nerves to? than you will straighten back what you can.
I am Crazy, I drove semis and motorcycles to with birth erbs, When I taught myself how to ride a bicycle when I was little I got hurt a lot falling on my erbs arm, Oh I learn , but me trying drove my mom , crazy. I guess we are all crazy in what we can do :shock: ;) :D
Get the collar bone set and work on getting your strength back to what you can, You will ride again. We all overcome what we can anyways . It all about how we find to do things are way. You did it before and you will teach yourself again. ;)

Doctors drive me crazy to, just like others that post here to, There always issues with these injuries and doctors , no matter when they happen.
getting past the injury is the hardest thing. :shock:
Hope this might help???? :shock: :roll:

Tom
Master DIVER TOM

Re: surgery on collar bone on arm with erbs palsy

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

I know you might read this, Later :shock:
I answer you the best I can , not just by hope but understanding, but only my experience over my life time ;) I have keep trying no matter if I could or can find a way to outcome and adapt in my life, overuse happens and my good arm got ripe up , driving a semi after 25 years. There are just so many like me ,you and so many that post here reminded me of me, Its all about the next thing to try or overcome, I think :shock: :roll:
My experience of over coming limitation is the quest , No ones limitation are equal , its more about the guts to try is the same.
I am here for you and so many OTHERS< by are trys, by post.
Let us know how things are going,
We all are important to each other, no matter when these injury happen. :shock:
I Thought this other message might help ?? :roll:
We will be right here for you :shock: ;)
That Real, ;) So is your next try-!! :D

Tom