Splints for TBPI's ??

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
FrancineLitz

Splints for TBPI's ??

Post by FrancineLitz »

Mary posted a link for the Carrying Orthosis and I immediately added it to the TBPI page in awareness....

are there any other links for splints / supports, etc. that may be helpful for others?

The goal is to keep on adding to this page so that adults coming aboard can really get some helpful information.

Thanks,
francine
admin
Site Admin

Re: Splints for TBPI's ??

Post by admin »

someone posted on the old adult board about the Wilmer orthosis, and posted a link. I'll try and remember to search the archives when they come back....or does anyone have that link??????
Carol S

Post by Carol S »

Francine:
What concerns me is not the splint product but the way it was delivered.
I have a hard time believing Mary Parker and Gem are who they say they are.
I believe this was a "sales ad" for this splint.
Forgive me Mary and Gem if you are real..but I have never seen a 13 year old write using technical dialect in an e-mail. For example--if Gem speaks with an accent--why would she emphasize it by using and apostrophe.
She used several words --one was gettin' vrs. getting
Another was tellin' vrs telling and there were others.
When a writer uses the apostrophe to hold the place of a real letter--they are doing that for effect...as in writing for a PLAY.
I'm sorry--I just do not buy those posts--nor appreciate the way a product was being delivered to a non-profit support website. If they want to place an ad for the product that is different. In my humble opinion. Carol
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

i've got a link somewhere....try this one...

http://www.ambroise-uk.com/

...but please bear in mind anyone who is interested in this bit of kit that Stanmore, as far as I know, have stopped issuing this orthosis because of problems with it standing up to heavy use...check with the manufacturers; I might be wrong...they may have corrected the probs by now.

lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

Carol...just a few words to you about your post re; orthosis. The people who make/fit/sell the item you are referring to have never had to advertise; I have a tbpi for 8 years now, and up until last year I had never heard of this thing...
I'm guessing that you are not from the UK and do not know about our NHS and the prosthetics that they issue here; otherwise you would know that (most) adults with a bpi here would gladly welcome (i nearly said 'with open arms'....!!!)something, anything to replace the cumbersome, and some would say useless, 'flail arm splint'they make for you free of charge in Stanmore hospital here in the UK. (sorreee guys at Stanmore!!! ;-*) so, respectfully, you are wrong...any post referring to the orthosis is not just an ad. but simply someone passing on details of something that the poster thought could be of use to others.
People have posted messages about all sorts of items and gadgets that could be used one-handed...this is what the boards are for, surely, to share info?

...oh, and I guess you don't know many 13 year olds either ;o) and the kind of 'sub-language' they have with texting on mobiles, chatroom-speak etc...not unusual b'lieve me to post that way..my 12 and 14 yrs old nephews think that vwls r 4 wmps!!! heheh!! (lets see what the new software makes of that Ryan!!)
..hope you read this in the spirit it was written in..
all the best...liz
hazell

Post by hazell »

stop stirring shit will ya. these messages were written by brits so the terminology will be different. please read some of my past messages saying tellin, gettin, bin yea its called laziness. its the terminology in which many british kids write on the net.

yes ive had dialogue with mary & enough information to make me know there real, spent time in stanmore, under mr birch been to nabd site where they saw the wilmer splint advertised......please also remember british healthcare is very different than the U.S. we dont have to shop around & buy our healthcare we get what were given so theres not that much selling to be done to a brit. although i dont know why i have to justify this to u but ive also had genuine email addresses for mary & tony, not sheep@aol anyone can get that.stop coming up with bollock email addresees & stirring or f*** off.

bye hazel with a genuine email address
hazell

Post by hazell »

i will just add saw the wilmer splint advertised by someone with a bpi who found it useful. we all do that i advertised my one handed hairdryer does that make me not real. god you really wind me up whoever you are & whatever your motive is.

hazel
FrancineLitz

Post by FrancineLitz »

I guess I am totally and completely naive? or just too trusting? or not able to read into things? Maybe putting this kind of info on there is a bad idea? or is it a good idea? Tell me what you think we should do? I am completely confused.
-francine
Steve P

Post by Steve P »

The new site looks good. Sad thing is the rhetoric looks like it's not changed as well.
I don't understand why it is every time I look on the board over the past few weeks / months, someone has gotta be putting someone down or saying stupid, pointless things about someone else. Don't those of you who do this have anything more productive to do with your lives?
When I first found this board I thought "fantastic.....help, advice, support, etc, etc...", but now I don't even look in that much anymore.
I don't think I'll be looking in any more.....there's enough bad feeling in this world without me having to come here to look for it.
Carol, do you know those people personally? No, didn't think so. Haven't you got enough problems dealing with your BPI? or maybe you don't really have a BPI injury at all?? See it works both ways. You may have just deeply hurt a genuine co-sufferer and put them off the board for ever. That's a sad thing to do.
See you guys sometime maybe,
I might go to Liz's get together if I can make it,
Best Wishes all,
Steve P
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Francine;
Please don't let the lunatic paranoid fringes of these boards put you off doing what you know in your heart is right; the sharing of any and all info that may help sufferers of a bpi get thru life a little easier cannot be a bad thing...of course it's a kind of 'advertising'.... that is surely what awareness is and was all about....please ignore the idiots and timewasters..
best wishes...Liz x