Muscle swelling cause of BPI-like Symtoms?

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Wendy Lee

Muscle swelling cause of BPI-like Symtoms?

Post by Wendy Lee »

I was in a rear-end collision and got whiplash pretty good. The dx has been soft tissue injury and now an AC joint dysfunction which is causing the arm to loose strength and mobility. I discovered if I force an internal rotation to the arm, I can lift it over my head, and, the strength comes back to my grip. So he finally saw the bad joint, but can't explain the reason why the rotation is making a difference, cept that there is a nerve involved. So we're getting somewhere. A bit.

The other thing that I found in my MRI (I have my BP and shoulder MRI in my possession) after looking at it for several hours, is at the neck just over the Brachial Plexus, is a muscle that connects the cranium to the clavical joint at the base of the neck. This has been sore from the getgo and is the first to go into spasm when I move my head and shoulders wrong. It is twice the width or more of the same muscle on the other side. Plus, the MRI shows a mottling of tissue above and below this muscle, while the other side is clear and uniform. I took pictures of this part of the MRI and dropped it off at my doctors office, and I guess he thinks its a concern. Because I had had a request in to him to refer me to a particular Neurologist Pain doctor and they got me in earlier than I expected.

I don't think at this point I have a real BPI injury, but that when this injured muscle goes into spasm, and then constriction, it triggers all the neck muscles to do the same and then they all clamp down. And they clamp down on the brachial plexus nerves, the phrenic, the dorsal scapula, plus the arteries in the neck are most likely taking a hit too. And they start pulling at the spinal column and it starts to feel like my eyes, sinuses, palate and throat are being pulled into my head. So much pressure, not exploding, but rather imploding. A few days ago I got an earache like never before because muscles started pulling in that area whislt I was having an attack of pain. And all the while I feel really, really bad, like I'm being crushed.

So anyone experience anything like this?
Wendy