Does anyone have a car with right-handed controls to sell?

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
GMcG

Does anyone have a car with right-handed controls to sell?

Post by GMcG »

I was injured in a major vehicle accident this past April that left me with an awful BPI injury to my left side. Prior to all of this I was driving a stick shift, which is now impossible. I'm now at the point where I'm looking into surgery across the country and I do need another vehicle, one that I can actually operate. Does anyone out there have a car to sell that has controls on the right side, or any advice on where I could purchase one?
Thanks~
ZebProctor
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Nov 2012 motorcycle accident. C4-C7 avulsed. T1 partially attached. Primary Nerve Graft done in March 2013.

Re: Does anyone have a car with right-handed controls to sel

Post by ZebProctor »

I'm confused. If u no longer can use your left arm why would u want a right hand drive car. In a LH drive car, as in US, the stick is on your right. This would be your good side. In a RH drive the stick would be on your left. Now this isn't impossible, I have a right BPI injury and still drive my old beater manual 97 saturn sl2. It looks akward with me holding the wheel with my leg and reaching over my body to shift, but it works and is cheaper than driving my diesel f250 around town. I've looked into getting a RH drive car but again bc I have a right side BPI, its a pain reaching across my body for everything like radio, hvac, etc, but I can't imagine why you would want a RH drive.