updates on 1997 BPI of Errett

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Dianna williams

updates on 1997 BPI of Errett

Post by Dianna williams »

hi, all it has been awhile, i have been checking in every once in a while,
most of you don't know who i am, but my son Errett was hurt in a football game back in 1997, had nerve graft surgery in April 1998, was released from Dr Kline & Dr Tiel in feb 2002,
Errett has recovered about 97% use of his arm, and has gone on to graduate from collage with a teaching degree in History, and coaching (football ) the game he loves,
how has others recovered? (Ryan) (George)?
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Re: updates on 1997 BPI of Errett

Post by jennyb »

I remember Erret, it's great to hear how good his recovery has been! Wish him all the best, success stories are such a boost :)
JenNZ