shoulder fusion for winging scapular - scapulothoracic fixation.

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
james

shoulder fusion for winging scapular - scapulothoracic fixation.

Post by james »

I would be very much interested in finding out more about the procedure from first hand sources, ideally someone who has had it done.
I have had LTN decompression, (2004) followed by spilt pectoralis muscle transfer (2005) to try stabilise my shoulder. But the results have not been to good, I get treatment at Stanmore form the shoulder team there, I’m due to discuss the fusion and the implications soon.

Thanks
James 1978jas@gmail.com
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Re: shoulder fusion for winging scapular - scapulothoracic fixation.

Post by jennyb »

Hey james, don't know anyone personally but you could try the message boards at the UK tbpi group if you haven't already, at www.tbpi-group.org, someone might know more and as you're nearish London you might even be able to meet up.
Whereabouts in Hampshire? I'm originally from Chertsey, Surrey. Still miss the old country sometimes :)
JenNZ