surgery to pin humerus to scapula

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
djk
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: extensive right side brachial plexus injury as a result of a motorcycle accident on 8/25/10.

surgery to pin humerus to scapula

Post by djk »

i'm now considering the surgery were the hunerus bone,which is now hanging off the side, is attached via a pin to the scapula socket where it would normally be in a healthy body. i'm posting to ask for info from anyone who has had this surgery. like how easy a procedure it was, hospital stay time, recovery aspects and any pain issues associated. thanks for any information, help, tips, etc. doug
JennyA
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: RTBPI: C5 and C6 Full Nerve Avulsions C7 was stretched, but came back. Injury Date: 12/23/2003 during a snowboarding trip in high school. I was riding down the mountain and another person was trying to pass me, didn't expect me to turn, and ran into me. I landed on my back with my shoulder pinned behind me. I had one nerve transfer in 2004 with some limited success. My bicep will move my forearm's weight, but isn't strong enough to lift a fork to feed myself. Can't move my arm behind me at all. Can't raise my arm above shoulder height. Hand and fingers work fine, although loss of feeling in thumb and pointer.

Re: surgery to pin humerus to scapula

Post by JennyA »

Hi! Do you have any more information on this surgery? What are the benefits? Downfalls? I have Erbs Palsy on my right side, and one of my greatest struggles is with my scapula winging out pretty badly.