CORRECTING and REPLACING AxoGen’s Avance Nerve Graft First O

Articles & Publications on BPI related sciences
Chillywil91

CORRECTING and REPLACING AxoGen’s Avance Nerve Graft First O

Post by Chillywil91 »

Fourth graph, fourth line should read: ...patient with a functional deficit at the donor site. (sted ...patient with a functional deficient at the donor site.)

The corrected release reads.

AxoGen’s Avance Nerve Graft First Overseas Shipment to US Military Base

AxoGen, Inc. today announced that it has supplied Avance ® Nerve Graft to Bagram Air Field, a US military base in Afghanistan,

for use in the reconstruction of damaged peripheral nerves. The shipment marks the first time Avance ® has been shipped to an overseas military base.

Since 2007, Avance ® has been used at leading military centers across the US for the repair of peripheral nerve injuries due to explosions and other trauma. Peripheral nerves carry the signals to and from the brain allowing muscle movement and the perception of sensation.

Avance ® is surgically implanted by hand, plastic and orthopedic surgeons to provide veterans and enlisted men and women an option to repair their injured nerves. Avance ® is unique because it allows surgeons to bridge nerve gaps using a sterile scaffold from donated human peripheral nerves.

“We are proud that Avance ® Nerve Graft can help veterans and enlisted men and women, who are committed to serving our country, regain nerve function and sensation. We recently provided a shipment of Avance ® to a U.S. military base in Afghanistan to help civilians impacted by the military efforts there,” said Karen Zaderej, COO for AxoGen.

U.S. military surgeons have treated patients with peripheral nerve damage in all areas of the body including the hands, arms, legs, face and torso. More than 75 Avance ® grafts have been clinically implanted to date. Previously, for many of the injured nerves, surgeons would have to remove a healthy nerve from another area on a patient’s body and re-implant it at the injured nerve site, rendering the patient with a functional deficit at the donor site. Plus, in extensive military injuries, there may not be sufficient donor nerve available to reconstruct the injured nerves.

“AxoGen is dedicated to providing surgeons with a safe and innovative option to bridge the gap in damaged peripheral nerves and we are confident that Avance ® will continue to help enlisted men and women, veterans and civilians regain nerve function,” said Karen Zaderej.

About AxoGen

AxoGen, Inc. is a privately held company working to develop new and more effective products to treat peripheral nerve damage. With the focus of bringing the science of nerve repair to life, AxoGen is working to introduce new technologies to improve the standard of care to patients with injured peripheral nerves. With licensed technologies from the University of Florida, the University of Texas, and Emory University, researchers at AxoGen have developed an innovative technology platform making it possible to process allograft nerves while preserving the relevant characteristics of the three dimensional scaffold of the nerve tissue. Based in Alachua, Florida, AxoGen has received funding from private investors including Accuitive Medical Ventures, Cardinal Partners, De Novo Ventures, Springboard Capital II, LLC, SynoGen, and Emergent Growth Fund of Gainesville, FL.

AxoGen is a registered tissue establishment with the FDA.
Chillywil91

Re: CORRECTING and REPLACING AxoGen’s Avance Nerve Graft First O

Post by Chillywil91 »

No I don't work for the company. I'm just really excited about this. I'm meeting with my doctors in a couple weeks to discuss how Avance can help me. Someone tell me if you have info on muscle regeneration afer nerve signal is restored.