Harvard Bioscience files filed two major patents in regenera

Articles & Publications on BPI related sciences
Chillywil91

Harvard Bioscience files filed two major patents in regenera

Post by Chillywil91 »

Harvard Bioscience, Inc., a global developer, manufacturer and marketer of a broad range of specialized products used to advance life science research and regenerative medicine, has filed two major patents in the field of regenerative medicine, the first covering 61 claims for its stem cell therapy injectors and the second for 338 claims for bioreactors for organ growth.

David Green, President of Harvard Bioscience, commented, "This is an important milestone for Harvard Bioscience illustrating the value we place on our intellectual property in the emerging field of regenerative medicine. Our strategy is to supply tools to researchers and clinicians within the field of regenerative medicine, and completing these patent filings marks an important milestone in that plan."

Harvard Bioscience is collaborating with leading academics in the field of regenerative medicine to develop its regenerative medicine products. In 2009, the Company licensed the bioreactor technology underlying the world's first human transplant of a regenerated bronchus. The transplant was performed by Dr. Paolo Macchiarini at the Department of General Thoracic Surgery, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain and the work was published in The Lancet on November 19, 2008. This "InBreath" bioreactor is now commercially available. In 2010, the Company's Harvard Apparatus / Hugo Sachs Elektronik business collaborated with Dr. Harald Ott and Massachusetts General Hospital to design and manufacture a novel bioreactor that was used to grow a functional lung that was transplanted into a rat. The research was published online in Nature Medicine on July 13, 2010.

In addition to developing bioreactors, Harvard Bioscience is also developing a stem cell therapy injector based on its market leading Harvard Apparatus research syringe pump technology. The Company expects to submit this injector to the US FDA next year for approval for clinical use on patients.

Source: Harvard Bioscience, Inc.
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: Harvard Bioscience files filed two major patents in regenera

Post by Carolyn J »

WOW!! Things are looking up .'but time. :roll:
Carolyn J
LOBPI/72
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI