Search found 809 matches

by lizzyb
Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:30 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: this may be taboo on here but........
Replies: 30
Views: 6160

Re: this may be taboo on here but........

<t>I was on the cannabis pain trials for 2 years a while back along with quite a few others with a TBPI. This was in the UK and if if the trials hadn't have finished the same time we had a general election, I (and a lot of others) truly believe it would have been legalised for medicinal use. Sadly, ...
by lizzyb
Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:24 pm
Topic: former patents of dr nath
Replies: 5
Views: 1801

Re: former patents of dr nath

<r>Hi Joy,<br/> <br/> Can I just say how sorry I am to hear about your son. You all must have been through some rough times these past 6 years and if there is anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask me. <br/> <br/> My email is <EMAIL email="BlcE@aol.com">BlcE@aol.com</EMAIL> and I am...
by lizzyb
Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:14 pm
Topic: Could a paralized arm have a reflex action?
Replies: 2
Views: 1455

Re: Could a paralized arm have a reflex action?

<t>No, a paralised arm will not have enough of a reflex action to prevent a fall on that side, but (and I am only guessing here that this is what you're getting at) a bicep can re-innnervate spontaneously, without surgery over a certain number of months. <br/> <br/> I'm not saying that everyone with...
by lizzyb
Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:46 pm
Topic: Weak Pulse.
Replies: 12
Views: 4911

Re: Weak Pulse.

<r>Yes keep moving the arm...even if you just keep lifting it onto the armrests of chairs, or walk with it swinging (DON'T use a sling all the time)This applies especially if you have a very severe injury. Lifting the arm and stretching it up as far as you can towards your head by grabbing it at the...
by lizzyb
Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:49 pm
Topic: left handed camcorder
Replies: 3
Views: 1442

Re: left handed camcorder

<r>Hiya mate, <br/> <br/> I've been looking for years for a leftie camera, 15 years in fact, and take it from me, there is no such thing out there. <br/> <br/> It hasn't been just me looking either, I even got in touch (via my brother-in-law) with the chief honcho who imports Fuji products for a maj...
by lizzyb
Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:45 pm
Topic: Weak Pulse.
Replies: 12
Views: 4911

Re: Weak Pulse.

<t>Hi..to answer your questions; I have a very weak pulse in the right (tbpi) side compared to the left. Many Drs seem to have difficulty in finding it, but the average nurse doesn't, which I find quite odd (maybe nurses take a pulse more often than Drs)<br/> <br/> I do have a very cold hand in wint...
by lizzyb
Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:08 pm
Topic: pain management
Replies: 8
Views: 2614

Re: pain management

Why was my post removed?? :(
by lizzyb
Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:33 pm
Topic: spinal cord stimulator does it work for bpi
Replies: 2
Views: 1324

Re: spinal cord stimulator does it work for bpi

<t>Hi...all I can tell you is one person in our UK TBPI Group had what sounds like the same thing implanted..he had it taken out a very short time after. It did nothing for his pain, and actually made him worse in many ways.<br/> <br/> I think it all depends on the level of injury whether this will ...
by lizzyb
Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:55 pm
Topic: What's the one item?
Replies: 6
Views: 2280

Re: What's the one item?

<r>Electric can opener.<br/> <br/> We changed our kitchen recently which meant we were living out of boxes and all the 'non essentials' were packed away temporarily and yes, the electric can opener was one item that was packed away and definitely SHOULDN'T have been...! <br/> <br/> I was on my own o...
by lizzyb
Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:27 pm
Topic: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )
Replies: 670
Views: 189262

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

WOW Nearly 40 pages long, and over 5 years old...who would have guessed it? How many people now Jen???? ;)