Search found 95 matches

by angryparent
Wed May 18, 2005 4:36 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Anyone in Florida???
Replies: 6
Views: 847

Re: Anyone in Florida???

<t>Rahz,<br/> <br/> We live in Palm Coast, FL.<br/> <br/> Our son Matthew is 2 1/2 with ROBPI. Happened at Halifax Hospital. Very severe injury, with 4 avulsions. Had surgery at TCH under Dr. Nath, now going to Shriners in Philly through Dr. Kozin.<br/> <br/> I'm also working with UBPN on prevention...
by angryparent
Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:04 pm
Topic: I need a lawyer in Florida! Please help!
Replies: 7
Views: 823

Re: I need a lawyer in Florida! Please help!

<r>Dear Null:<br/> <br/> I've got the answer to your problem:<br/> <br/> <URL url="http://www.needlegallagher.com/">http://www.needlegallagher.com/</URL><br/> <br/> Andrew Ellenberg is a BPI expert. He handled our case, we settled for all we could get as we were in a county where we were limited in ...
by angryparent
Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:22 pm
Topic: UBPN needs to hear from you
Replies: 26
Views: 2466

Re: UBPN needs to hear from you

<t>Here's my take:<br/> <br/> 1) After a bpi occurs what should parents be told?<br/> <br/> They should be told exactly what happened, how it happened, what to expect and what to do over the next several weeks & months. This information needs to be discussed immediately, calmly and reassuringly....
by angryparent
Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:36 pm
Topic: need to vent....
Replies: 15
Views: 1841

Re: need to vent....

<t>Ginne,<br/> <br/> I share your anger with your sister. She is being very insensitive when she suggests that you "get over it". This is a lifelong disability, one that constantly reminds us of the pain and sorrow when something devastating happens to our children. Sure, there are worse things out ...
by angryparent
Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:50 pm
Topic: TRUSTS/STRUCTURED SETTLEMENTS
Replies: 12
Views: 4576

Re: TRUSTS/STRUCTURED SETTLEMENTS

<t>Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse the two issues. With "Structured Settlements", Variable Annuities typically cannot be used, as the terms dictated by the courts do not allow for the use of Variable products. So the advice you were given is correct. This is part of the reason that I do not care for...
by angryparent
Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:29 pm

<t>Dear guest,<br/> <br/> Being an investment manager, I couldn't agree with you more about the value of having an experienced advisor. <br/> <br/> Now, on the Annuity. There are variable annuities that can allow you to fully take advantage of the market, using tools like dollar cost averaging, true...
by angryparent
Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:09 am

<t>Claudia,<br/> <br/> I can understand the conservative nature of the judges in these cases. Having had to deal with a very conservative judge down here, they are just looking out for the child. What they don't understand is that most parents who go through BPI with their child have an unusually hi...
by angryparent
Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:27 pm

<t>I'll keep it very basic:<br/> <br/> A "Structured Settlement" is a settlement where you, the parent, have very little control. The settlement is "structured" by the terms of the distribution of the money. <br/> <br/> A Trust is a legal tool used to benefit a person for specific purposes, yet the ...
by angryparent
Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:57 am
Topic: Political Outreach for the In Touch Committee
Replies: 59
Views: 5143

Re: Political Outreach for the In Touch Committee

<t>Sharon,<br/> <br/> You're good to go! Thanks for your activism and enthusiasm!!<br/> <br/> Now, just a general note. Let's not waste this time as we gear up for the post-election blitz. Let's use this opportunity to build this network. I have close to 30 "soldiers" so far. Let's try to involve th...
by angryparent
Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:12 pm
Topic: Political Outreach for the In Touch Committee
Replies: 59
Views: 5143

Re: Political Outreach for the In Touch Committee

<r>Hello Ashleigh's Mom,<br/> <br/> Thanks for volunteering for Massachusetts. If you could please e-mail me your contact info (name, address, phones) at:<br/> <br/> <EMAIL email="crow63@yahoo.com">crow63@yahoo.com</EMAIL><br/> <br/> Simply title the e-mail BPI, as I am putting it altogether on a sp...