Search found 48 matches

by LJSL0330
Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:37 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Self esteem post,......Wow.
Replies: 55
Views: 33980

Re: Self esteem post,......Wow.

Erdrix - Wish I'd been able to come up with that when I was a kid!
by LJSL0330
Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:56 pm
Topic: New to UBPN
Replies: 17
Views: 10454

Re: New to UBPN

Already have! But I'm not too optomistic about anything being done for my shoulder. It has grown "deformed," so I kind of doubt much can be done.
by LJSL0330
Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:06 am
Topic: New to UBPN
Replies: 17
Views: 10454

Re: New to UBPN

Hi John and welcome to UBPN. It was unbelievable to me when I first got involved with the UBPN boards how much I felt like instant family with everyone else here! I know you will find the same! It sounds like we have very similar injuries. My greatest issue is my shoulder. I don't think mine is sign...
by LJSL0330
Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:54 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Thanks to UBPN for a fantastic camp experience
Replies: 8
Views: 3137

Re: Thanks to UBPN for a fantastic camp experience

It was, without a doubt, one of the most incredible experiences of my life. Great to met Marieke, Mel, Judy, Jenn & Vik, Matt & Emily, David, Paul & Denise, Tracy, and all the other grown up kids. I also enjoyed meeting and getting to know the parents much more than I had anticipated. Th...
by LJSL0330
Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:30 pm
Forum: Camp UBPN
Topic: Jen's UBPN Camp 2010 Blog
Replies: 33
Views: 20409

Re: Jen's UBPN Camp 2010 Blog

Camp was awesome. It was great to be able to just say "I have a left opbi" or "I have Erb's palsey" and have people know what I meant by that. No need to explain everything including the very basics of what the injury is, much less the implications of it. So many "normal&quo...
by LJSL0330
Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:55 am
Forum: Camp UBPN
Topic: Spouses at Camp?
Replies: 7
Views: 6404

Spouses at Camp?

My husband and I will be coming to camp! Yea! I am really looking forward to it...being able to meet other adults who've live with this injury like I have (until I found UBPN, I felt very alone!)...being able to encourage the kids that they can do ANYTHING they set their minds to do.... But my husba...
by LJSL0330
Thu May 20, 2010 9:31 am
Topic: Sleeping positions for OBPI
Replies: 27
Views: 21084

Re: Sleeping positions for OBPI

I've tried the body pillows and ended up with back pain. I may have been wrapping myself around it too much though. I am starting a new job in a week - after being laid off from a job I held for 11 years and being unemployed for almost a full year! I doubt we could afford a sleep number bed for quit...
by LJSL0330
Sun May 16, 2010 10:51 am
Topic: Sleeping positions for OBPI
Replies: 27
Views: 21084

Sleeping positions for OBPI

For some time, I've had issues finding a sleeping position that doesn't cause me problems. When I was younger, I never noticed it, but as I get older and have more issues, I find it is really starting to be bothersome. The main points: - If I sleep on my OPBI side, my arm won't lay flat against the ...
by LJSL0330
Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:28 am
Topic: Hey Everybody!
Replies: 21
Views: 5520

Re: Hey Everybody!

I don't remember ever having any twitching or anything like that before it became full-blown PAIN. (Maybe I just didn't know what it was until it was too late.) I always injured that arm anytime I fell - I couldn't "catch" myself with my left, so my right too the brunt of any fall. I usual...
by LJSL0330
Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:37 am
Topic: Hey Everybody!
Replies: 21
Views: 5520

Re: Hey Everybody!

<t>Sarah - <br/> <br/> Check with your chiro and see if he/she does A.R.T. - Active Release Therapy. It is similar to deep tissue massage, but they go deeper. My massage therapist recommended A.R.T. and I started seeing my chiro specifically for that for pain relief in my "good" shoulder. IT CHANGED...