Search found 37 matches

by JanAmes
Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:16 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Would it be too much to ask?
Replies: 40
Views: 4374

Re: Would it be too much to ask?

<t>I'm Jan, I have 3 daughters Elizabeth 8, Rachael 6, and Sarah 2. Sarah is ROBPI. I started looking at this message board last year when Sarah was scheduled for ModQuad surgery (it was cancelled). Sarah has not had any surgeries yet, she has used TES, which I learned about from this message board....
by JanAmes
Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:30 am
Topic: Fought my last fight....and lost ....no IEP
Replies: 7
Views: 975

Re: Fought my last fight....and lost ....no IEP

<t>Rich, thank you for the great reading list, there are many of us who appreciate it.<br/> <br/> The problems I'm having are with my non-BPI DD with ADHD (qualifies for services under "other health impairment)<br/> <br/> I have questions - Has anyone had an IEP where goals were set and at the follo...
by JanAmes
Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:00 pm
Topic: VERY CONFUSED on where to go/ who to see
Replies: 40
Views: 3400

Re: VERY CONFUSED on where to go/ who to see

<t>The best reccomendation I can give is to choose a provider that you get a good feeling about and START there. You don't have to stay with that provider if you ever get concerned about the treatment path. You will learn A LOT along the way, and it is an overwhelming journey at first. Second opinio...
by JanAmes
Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:41 pm
Topic: C-section outcomes
Replies: 39
Views: 3434

Re: C-section outcomes

<t>you mentioned that your husband has family - are you able to pay for the airfare for someone to come to help you the first week or so? My family couldn't help due health and work commitments, but my mother-in-law came (we paid for her ticket) and helped out the first week when we had our last one...
by JanAmes
Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:55 am
Topic: Taking a poll on height.......
Replies: 69
Views: 5651

Re: Taking a poll on height.......

<t>I'm 5' 3 3/4" weighed 160# pre-pregnancy<br/> 1st baby 9# 6oz c/s, labor started naturally 4 days before dd, 12 hr labor failure to progress, no complications<br/> 2nd baby 8# 6oz VBAC, labor started naturally, 45 min hard labor, no complications<br/> 3rd baby 10# 9oz, induced 10 days before dd, ...
by JanAmes
Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:38 am
Topic: spontaneous recovery?
Replies: 12
Views: 1412

Re: spontaneous recovery?

<r>Michelle,<br/> Our visits to TCH were when she was 2 months, then 4 months, 6 months where they first told us about the contractures, then at 10 months they told us to schedule the surgery and she was put on the schedule for 2 months later. I was very frustrated with being told to just stretch he...
by JanAmes
Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:21 pm
Topic: help finding old post about IEP
Replies: 1
Views: 332

help finding old post about IEP

<t>I saw a posting I thought I bookmarked, but I can't find it now. Someone responded to a post I think it was somewhere between September and Mid-November 2003, that contained information about how the school was supposed to provide a phone number to contact a group not associated with the school, ...
by JanAmes
Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:53 pm
Topic: Ambushed by IEP
Replies: 1
Views: 545

Re: Ambushed by IEP

<t>I'm having to work on IEP issues myself after having my ADHD daughter screened for dyslexia, the school came back with 7/7 indicators but is reducing her services. <br/> <br/> You should have a notice from the school about the procedures and your legal rights. The one I have shows that the ARD "m...
by JanAmes
Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:20 pm
Topic: spontaneous recovery?
Replies: 12
Views: 1412

Re: spontaneous recovery?

<t>I think we read somewhere that "spontaneous recovery" would be possible if the baby had movement by 4 weeks.<br/> My daughter Sarah is now 20 months old. She had her first elbow movement at 8 weeks. She had movement in her fingers and partial thumb at birth. We never saw the waiter's tip posture,...
by JanAmes
Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:03 am
Topic: E-Stim
Replies: 19
Views: 1457

Re: E-Stim

<t>Tammie - Sarah started using TES about mid-September on a setting of 4. After about 6 weeks, we were testing the setting on the unit to see where she felt it, and I took it to the maximum (12) and she didn't even flinch (when I put it on my arm at that setting, it tickled a lot and even hurt a li...